Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning Gold

Options
  • 03-01-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

Has the Browning gold semi auto shotgun a soft recoil and in general what kind of gun is it to handle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kelslat

Hi mink, I have a browning gold for years now. It might be an older model than what your looking at, I think it's an A-500 if I can remember. I used to carry it for miles years ago when I did a lot of hunting and it can get quite heavy then, but I found it very reliable and the recoil isn't to bad but there is a rubber butt pad on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Oh... Great minds think alike.

What is the overall length of the gun Kelslat.

What is the overall length of the gun Kelslat.
    I will take it out of the gun safe and measure it tomorrow for you. It has a 28 inch barrel anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Has the Browning gold semi auto shotgun a soft recoil and in general what kind of gun is it to handle.

I had a Browning Gold Sporting Clays that I bought new for hunting about eight years ago.

Never had a problem with it and shot remington sure shot through it mostly. It had a 28 inch barrel and it fit me very well but most Browning shotguns do.

Never took much notice of the recoil which in one sense is saying that it isn't noticeable. Great gun. Sold on to a lad who didn't clean it, used cheap ammo and complained of jams. I never had one jam myself and i kept it on a steady diet of remington ammo.

If it fits you and the price and condition is good, you could do worse.

I went back to browning semi auto shotguns last year and bought a browning maxus and am very happy with it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

for cleaning a browning gold is it after every few hundred shots or is it less before they start acting up just curious as to how long before they start acting up as ill be doing alot of vermin control with mine

The overall length of mine is 49 and a half inches, including a butt pad one inch thick. It is an old A-500G model I bought from new about 18 years ago or more. I clean mine every time I go shooting and never had any issues with it.

thanks for reply kelslat.

Anybody got a Browning Gold in 20 gauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tonytoc11

I have one in 12Ga. A great no frills semi auto. I might be selling it to upgrade soon though.

• Advertisement

What kind of recoil is off it.

What width is the fore end on the Gold.

Advertisement