Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon Box Disc Space %

Options
  • 11-02-2015 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just got a Horizon box recently. On my old box you could see(in Recordings) how much - as a percentage - disc space was used. Can't seem to find it on Horizon Box, can anyone help?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Zxclnic wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just got a Horizon box recently. On my old box you could see(in Recordings) how much - as a percentage - disc space was used. Can't seem to find it on Horizon Box, can anyone help?
    Thanks.

Go to Menu, then Settings, then Diagnostics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Also, by default, the box is set to automatic disk space management which makes the amount of used disk space used to be irrelevant.

This works quite well once you know its doing it as it treats a partial view of a show as 'watched' and will automatically delete it so if you want to finish watching something later you just have to lock it to stop it being automatically cleaned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Zxclnic

Got it now 'onform' cheers, and thanks to 'Wabbit Ears' for the additional info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Also, by default, the box is set to automatic disk space management which makes the amount of used disk space used to be irrelevant.

This works quite well once you know its doing it as it treats a partial view of a show as 'watched' and will automatically delete it so if you want to finish watching something later you just have to lock it to stop it being automatically cleaned.

That's a bit of double edge sword if you didn't know about it.

I certainly didn't.

Advertisement