Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Increasing stakes with physical betting shops

Options
  • 09-08-2014 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

I recently encountered a price on a bet. Slightly niche market in the EPL.

Could only put 400 on it with my online account.

I would like to put a lot more than that on it.

I was thinking of visiting several bricks and mortar shops, and placing this bet multiple times. Is there any catch to this? Does it break some terms or conditions or betting? Do they have measures in place to prevent this?

Is it ever ok to go into a bookie and ask what the limits are on certain bets or does that raise a red flag?

Yours sincerely,
    Austria!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

A bookie will take your money for a bet. It's when they're handing out the winnings that they'll remember your face.

What's the bet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Depends on liability on the bet, anything over 2kish they will have to ring trading it should be ok though, around 5k might cause some problems. Know someone who couldn't get 500e on Luton to win their league at 9/1 in a pp shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

A bookie will take your money for a bet.

Every bet has limits. And this is a fun market about player of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Golfnut77

Austria! wrote: »
    I recently encountered a price on a bet. Slightly niche market in the EPL.

Could only put 400 on it with my online account.

I would like to put a lot more than that on it.

I was thinking of visiting several bricks and mortar shops, and placing this bet multiple times. Is there any catch to this? Does it break some terms or conditions or betting? Do they have measures in place to prevent this?

Is it ever ok to go into a bookie and ask what the limits are on certain bets or does that raise a red flag?

Yours sincerely,
    Austria!

You'll be limited in one shop but if you want to put more on then go to several bookies and put on the maximum that they allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Depends on liability on the bet, anything over 2kish they will have to ring trading it should be ok though, around 5k might cause some problems. Know someone who couldn't get 500e on Luton to win their league at 9/1 in a pp shop.

I couldnt get 500 on Dublin with PP to win the Minors this year ,they would only take 300 and that was at 3-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Depends on how niche the market it is really. Anything over 100 quid on a niche market like that should set a few alarms ringing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

What's the bet?

Advertisement