Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PP Hacked in 2010

Options
  • 31-07-2014 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭

And they only found out recently :rolleyes:
    We are contacting you to advise of the details of a cyber attack on our network in 2010. It did not involve any financial information or customer passwords, but some of your personal customer information was accessed by a third party. We take our responsibilities regarding customer data extremely seriously and we sincerely regret that this breach happened.

This information relates to data that was provided when you opened an account with us and contained your name, username, address, email address, phone contact number, date of birth and prompted question and answer. The full extent of the 2010 data breach only became known to us in recent months when Paddy Power took legal action to retrieve the compromised dataset.

We want to reassure you that we have no evidence this data has been used in any malicious way and that it is not possible to access your Paddy Power account with this information alone. We recommend that you review other websites where you use the same prompted question and answer as a security measure and update where appropriate.

Nothing is more important to us than the security and trust of our customers and please be assured that we have taken all the appropriate measures to resolve this incident. We are confident that we presently have the best in class software security to protect our customers' information. We have also liaised with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner in relation to this incident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ask for a free bet ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Ask for a free bet ? :pac:

:P I think I may just do that :D

10 minutes.. :rolleyes:

6d5bf16c564d741cbab07829dd3ffea8.png

Well got on chat, was asked for answer to my security question and last 4 digits of the card on my account. Made a point of not giving it saying why do you need to look at my account when asking about the site being hacked. Said standard thing and I said or just looking to see how much I bet/don't bet so ye can pay me off with a free bet. Said there would no free bets coming from PP.

Questions I asked got standard responses.

Oh they were advised that their customer data got robbed not PP/Security knowing that the data was gone. And it was siting over in Canada.

I just closed my account with PP, Specifically asked would any information would be kept said yes I asked what the guy said transactions. Okay.. so just queried no name, address, security question answer he leaves me hanging minutes comes back and says name address :mad:

Said they legally have to hold it 2-5 years? Is this true if you are the one closing the account and not them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It is definitely true that they are obliged to hold data on file for a specified period after the business relationship ceases - the precise length of time they keep the info for depends on what the data actually is.

Was told I'd get a call but got this instead.

89a24e1570ec77564dc7238c80cbc9b5.png

Advertisement