Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic bottle recycling

Options
  • 03-05-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi
    Where is there free plastic bottle recycling?Tried Dock Rd, Jetland, Crescent and Roxboro. All just glass and cans. Have limerick cc stopped recycling plastic bottles?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Mungret recycle plastic bottles http://limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/?page_id=63

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Souness

Thanks bicycle. Mungret is a paid entry recycling centre, would have to pay €5 to drop off bottles. I had hoped there was a plastic bottle collection point in town. There used to be many, are they all gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is no free plastic bottle recycling in Limerick any more afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Yeah the council took away the big yellow bins they used have, trying to make people go to Mungret basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Souness

Chatting to guy in Mungret, all the yellow bins were removed because of people putting in household waste.Shame, now have to stockpile bottles to make recycling trip worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Souness wrote: »
    Chatting to guy in Mungret, all the yellow bins were removed because of people putting in household waste.Shame, now have to stockpile bottles to make recycling trip worthwhile.

Thats the excuse they use but nowhere else in Ireland does this...even in Kilkee there are plastic bottle recycling stations...its a disgrace...even in other European countries we have bins on public streets for bottles but not here..

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

steveon wrote: »
    Thats the excuse they use but nowhere else in Ireland does this...even in Kilkee there are plastic bottle recycling stations...its a disgrace...even in other European countries we have bins on public streets for bottles but not here..
    Well said.
    It really shows up the authority for what they really are.:mad:
    AFAIK nenagh takes plastics.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

joejobrien wrote: »
    Well said.
    It really shows up the authority for what they really are.:mad:
    AFAIK nenagh takes plastics.
    So does every glass bottle bank :D
    The excuse I got was that no waste recycler would take them as plastics were too light and they were paid by the tonne.
    You will find all the yellow plastic bins chucked at the back of the council yard in Annacotty.

jbkenn wrote: »
    So does every glass bottle bank :D
    The excuse I got was that no waste recycler would take them as plastics were too light and they were paid by the tonne.
    You will find all the yellow plastic bins chucked at the back of the council yard in Annacotty.

I wrote to the council and they claimed it costs too much I subsequently wrote tto the environmental department and repak and the environmental awareness in the eu nobody
    replied it's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

steveon wrote: »
    I wrote to the council and they claimed it costs too much I subsequently wrote tto the environmental department and repak and the environmental awareness in the eu nobody
    replied it's a disgrace.
    Typical of the powers:mad:

• Advertisement

joejobrien wrote: »
    Typical of the powers:mad:

Totally annoys me they ask us recycle so we do then they remove the banks...then expect us to pay again to remove them by a waste company who get money for them and give us nothing in return..

Advertisement