Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Int. Commerce w/ Chinese - Any experience? Or commerce in general?

Options
  • 10-05-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to do Bcom & Chinese in UCC for 2013-14. There's also the same course more or less in DIT but think I'd prefer to UCC for the social aspect side of things and also the fact that I'd have to move away from Dublin, which would do me good imo. Anyway just wondering if anyone doing/did the course thinks of it and or if they enjoy(ed) it. And what's the story with the exchange, heard they were bad back in 07 but that was a while ago, hopefully things have improved?

And Chinese aside, how is the commerce course in UCC, do most people enjoy it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Steve!

I'm just wrapping up Bcomm with German in 1st year. We share most of the modules with a few differences.

I will say that it's fairly heavy going but having the language mixed in with it is great. You'd go mad otherwise.

Beware the sheer amount of exams you'll have in the Summer, I have 10, I think you would have 9 or so. More than most courses.

All Commerce 1st years have to do a 10 credit Law module which is quite hard but nothing else you'll do will be that difficult, it's more the amount of modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jillb97

Just wondering if anyone has done Chinese and commerce in ucc and could give me advice? Is it extremely difficult or would it be manageable with hard work? I think there would be great job prospects if I were to do it and the third year abroad is extremely appealing?

Advertisement