Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Laptop screen repair in Ennis?

• 11-11-2014 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Where to get a laptop screen repaired. It's an old enough laptop now so don't want to be paying too much to fix it

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Banner Gadgets in the Abbey Street Car Park, down Dan O'Connell's lane will look after you. If it's not worth fixing they won't do it and explain it to you before you spend any money on it. I've used them for a few things and can't recommend them highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

Clareman wrote: »
    Banner Gadgets in the Abbey Street Car Park, down Dan O'Connell's lane will look after you. If it's not worth fixing they won't do it and explain it to you before you spend any money on it. I've used them for a few things and can't recommend them highly enough.

Perfect thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

talkin wrote: »
    Where to get a laptop screen repaired. It's an old enough laptop now so don't want to be paying too much to fix it

I repair laptops but if its old then a secondhand screen would be better if it can be got if you want to post or pm the make and model of laptop i can see if i can help.

If you go down the road of getting a new or secondhand laptop i can help you if needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Old laptop, have a go yourself. You will find replacement screens on ebay and instructions on how to fit them. I've fitted a few screens myself, it's just pop off the plastic surround (4 screws), undo 2-4 screws holding in the screen, undo one or two connectors and the same again in reverse, bingo. It's not nearly as hard as you think.
    If you give it to someone to do it, you will pay far more than the laptop is worth if it's old. Even if you fit the screen yourself, it's often not worth it.
    One cheap fix is to just use a monitor and not bother repairing the screen, this does mean though that your laptop is from now on deskbound.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

will cost 150 to repair

its an easy diy job about 50 euros for parts.

you have to take the old one off to get the number

cheapest place is tech-zone_ie on ebay they have delivery next day
    I don't know if they are still around,you can buy cheaper from usa

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=laptop+screen+replacement

• Advertisement
Advertisement