Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options
  • 10-11-2014 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Can anyone help before I lose my mind. I moved into a house just over a year ago, there is an Eircom Phonewatch alarm in the house although not connected to a phone line. Just over a week ago the alarm unit on the wall went off in the middle of the night giving a contestant beep which I've tried to disable. When I pressed the System Status button the alarm reported a Low Battery Sensor Alert which I tried to resolve by replacing the sensor battery however whenever the new battery was put into the sensor it triggered the constant beep to trigger straight away.

I've now removed the battery completely and I now get a 'Sensor Tampered' message when I check the status. This is accompanied by intermittent beeping (3 times in succession over the course of a whole night). Can anyone please tell me how I can possibly clear this alarm or even disable the sensor from the main box? I don't want to have to shell out €200 for something I inherited to begin with. Any suggestions/advise would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

petes2008 wrote: »
    Can anyone help before I lose my mind. I moved into a house just over a year ago, there is an Eircom Phonewatch alarm in the house although not connected to a phone line. Just over a week ago the alarm unit on the wall went off in the middle of the night giving a contestant beep which I've tried to disable. When I pressed the System Status button the alarm reported a Low Battery Sensor Alert which I tried to resolve by replacing the sensor battery however whenever the new battery was put into the sensor it triggered the constant beep to trigger straight away.

I've now removed the battery completely and I now get a 'Sensor Tampered' message when I check the status. This is accompanied by intermittent beeping (3 times in succession over the course of a whole night). Can anyone please tell me how I can possibly clear this alarm or even disable the sensor from the main box? I don't want to have to shell out €200 for something I inherited to begin with. Any suggestions/advise would be much appreciated

I take it you have a simon installed.
    Drop the front lid and enter your code.
    Go to the sensor with the low battery, open, replace battery then close the lid.
    Go back to control panel and close up the lid. Press the status button and listen to events, then press disarm.
    Press status button again and if there are any faults listed let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 petes2008

Hi Altor

After following your instructions I receive the same messages every time I press status button:

1. Motion Sensor Tampered

2. System Phone Communication Failure

We've never had a phone line so maybe the motion sensor is the primary cause? Any ideas on how to clear the status message or get the alarm to ignore the sensor?? Looking online it appears we have the Simon model alright.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

You will need to take the cover off the motion detector and replace. Making sure it closes properly.

Phone communication failure is the phone line going to the system.
    Do you have a working line in your premises?

petes2008 wrote: »
    Hi Altor

After following your instructions I receive the same messages every time I press status button:

1. Motion Sensor Tampered

2. System Phone Communication Failure

We've never had a phone line so maybe the motion sensor is the primary cause? Any ideas on how to clear the status message or get the alarm to ignore the sensor?? Looking online it appears we have the Simon model alright.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Advertisement