Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

mike65 wrote: »
    Every manager signs a player that haunts them Dalglish has a mini bus of them but Carroll is the one everyone will remember. Selling him for anything over 15 million would probably be
    just about acceptable but to any club other than Newcastle, please. The Magpies getting him back for half what they sold him for would be too much to bear.
    Would you sell him to United is they were interested at that price? What about Arsenal or City?

Personally I think there is something else going on here. I think its a case of Rogers taking control of the squad. What better way to do that than to get rumours going that a £35 million England International is not in his plans.

If no huge offer comes in for Carroll he can say that there is no value in selling him and he can use it as a stick to beat Carroll with. The other players look at him instantly as ruthless and will work harder to get with his gameplan.

Its more likely I think that I'm wrong about that but its not a bad idea if Rogers is doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well I really doubt any of those top teams would see a place for a Carroll type player (though Arsenal could do with one!)

Anyway the guardian are reporting moves a foot (only the price has changed really)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/16/liverpool-demand-andy-carroll-striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

eagle eye wrote: »
    Every manager signs a player that haunts them Dalglish has a mini bus of them but Carroll is the one everyone will remember. Selling him for anything over 15 million would probably be
    just about acceptable but to any club other than Newcastle, please. The Magpies getting him back for half what they sold him for would be too much to bear.
    Would you sell him to United is they were interested at that price? What about Arsenal or City?

Personally I think there is something else going on here. I think its a case of Rogers taking control of the squad. What better way to do that than to get rumours going that a £35 million England International is not in his plans.

If no huge offer comes in for Carroll he can say that there is no value in selling him and he can use it as a stick to beat Carroll with. The other players look at him instantly as ruthless and will work harder to get with his gameplan.

Its more likely I think that I'm wrong about that but its not a bad idea if Rogers is doing that.

You are over thinking the situation a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Well I really doubt any of those top teams would see a place for a Carroll type player (though Arsenal could do with one!)

Anyway the guardian are reporting moves a foot (only the price has changed really)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/16/liverpool-demand-andy-carroll-striker

£20m is very optimistic I think. Would be amazing if we managed to pull off that sale, and would make the whole Carroll ordeal easier to swallow.

I feel the real asking price is probably more like £16m and we're just trying to show that we won't be taken for mugs and that 12 or £13m won't be enough.

I'm just not sure if any of the potential suitors could afford £20m combined with his wages. They'd be looking at spunking their whole budget on one player, if their budget even stretched that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Mid-table side Stoke sign Peter Crouch for £12m, therefore Top 6 side Newcastle with greater transfer kitty need to stump up at least £20m for similar style striker, 7 years younger, fresh from being selected ahead of aforementioned other striker for European Championships, having showed good recent form, scoring at Euros, and in FA Cup Final and Semi Final.

I think that's a reasonable argument of market value. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Chris Bascombe is saying a deal is close for Joe Allen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I'm kinda surprised that Demba Ba hasn't been mentioned more as a possible part exchange in any Carroll deal.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

amiable wrote: »
    Chris Bascombe is saying a deal is close for Joe Allen

Said deal is going to sound excessive too if it comes off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

opr wrote: »
    I'm kinda surprised that Demba Ba hasn't been mentioned more as a possible part exchange in any Carroll deal.

Opr

I think the lack of knees could be a problem.

slingerz wrote: »
    Said deal is going to sound excessive too if it comes off

I thought that the fee mentioned earlier today of around £10m seemed a good bit lower than I expected we would need to pay. I felt we would need to pay a good bit north of £15m to get him.

Opr

• Advertisement

He showed no signs of it last season although I've read the stories that they supposedly could go at any time.

Opr

Opr

Ba failed a medical at Stoke.
    Woodgate passed a medical at Stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

I thought that the fee mentioned earlier today of around £10m seemed a good bit lower than I expected we would need to pay. I felt we would need to pay a good bit north of £15m to get him.

Opr

I've seen £15m + Shelvey. For 15millin I think we could get better

Opr

I presume that was Shelvey on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That better be Shelvey on loan, and even then I'm not too fond of it tbh.

Shelvey only signed a new contract a few days back so it would be on loan.

Allen has quite a bit of upside over others that may look to be better alternatives in that he will be able to implement Rodgers game plan from the middle of the park straight away.

Opr

He showed no signs of it last season although I've read the stories that they supposedly could go at any time.

Opr

That's the problem. Also I wonder if he could keep up with the demands of PL and EL + cups. Looking at his stats he made 36 appearances last year which was his best ever. I doubt we'd be willing to pay much for him so he isn't worth including in any deal. Also could be off to African cup too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Shelvey only signed a new contract a few days back so it would be on loan.

Allen has quite a bit of upside over others that may look to be better alternatives in that he will be able to implement Rodgers game plan from the middle of the park straight away.

Opr

Hmm I'm not deadset on Allen. Spending a lot of money on players AGAIN from mid table teams, i.e. Downing, Henderson, Adam, Carroll, etc. It doesn't always work out and I'm sure we could get a more experienced player than Allen. Lets just say I won't be too disappointed if we don't get him but if we do get him and he turns out to be a success, I'll say no more on the subject :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Mid-table side Stoke sign Peter Crouch for £12m, therefore Top 6 side Newcastle with greater transfer kitty need to stump up at least £20m for similar style striker, 7 years younger, fresh from being selected ahead of aforementioned other striker for European Championships, having showed good recent form, scoring at Euros, and in FA Cup Final and Semi Final.

I think that's a reasonable argument of market value. :)

£12m Crouch gets 10 league goals in a season and £35m Carroll gets 4 league goals in a season and you are using Crouch as part of an arguement as to why Newcastle would need to pay £20m or more for Carroll?

Yes Carroll scored in the FA cup final and semi final, but for the rest of the final three months of the season in which people say he was on form (March, April, May) he only managed one other goal.

It is all well and good to point towards a handful of games that he did well in, but I am sure that anyone interested in buying him will have noticed the far greater number of poor to average games he had during the season not to mention his lack of goals.

I would be stunned if any club offered £20m or more for Carroll, and if one did I would be trying to show them Joe Cole as quickly as I could while they were feeling flush.

If the club got back 50% of what they paid for Carroll I would think that we got more than the player is worth. It is just the fact that we paid £35m that is making the talk about £15m - £17m look like small money, when it is actually a good price based on how the guy has been for Liverpool more often than not since he pulled oin the red shirt back in March of 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

i read an interview with rodgers where he said his one guiding principle was to be decisive - some american business guru said be ruthless in your decision-making, don't faff about, make a decision and stick to it and rodgers lapped all that stuff up

i think he has already decided 100% that carroll is not part of his plans and i don't think we'll see carroll in a liverpool shirt again, if nobody buds 16-18 million in the next month and calls our bluff then he could well be sent out on a loan on deadline day or for a cutprice 10-12 million fee but i strongly suspect his time is up and i'm alright with that, i can see why rodgers thinks he won't fit his system

the mistakes were made by comolli/kenny

rodgers is trying to fix them

That's the problem. Also I wonder if he could keep up with the demands of PL and EL + cups. Looking at his stats he made 36 appearances last year which was his best ever. I doubt we'd be willing to pay much for him so he isn't worth including in any deal. Also could be off to African cup too.

I guess I don't really know what kind of figure he would command in the transfer market given the uncertainty over his knee problems. I was thinking £14m + Ba which is probably way off the mark but I would gamble on him and snap that offer off.
    Colemania wrote: »
    Hmm I'm not deadset on Allen. Spending a lot of money on players AGAIN from mid table teams, i.e. Downing, Henderson, Adam, Carroll, etc. It doesn't always work out and I'm sure we could get a more experienced player than Allen. Lets just say I won't be too disappointed if we don't get him but if we do get him and he turns out to be a success, I'll say no more on the subject :P

Take the point and I think we're all a little wary of things after last season. I do think the importance of Rodgers having a player he has worked with shouldn't be underestimated. Have to say the thoughts of a Lucas/Allen partnership really excites me.

Opr

I guess I don't really know what kind of figure he would command in the transfer market given the uncertainty over his knee problems. I was thinking £14m + Ba which is probably way off the mark but I would gamble on him and snap that offer off.

I'd take that aswell, but I'd probably try take £5m or so instead. Anything like £10-£12m + Ba and I'd say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Kess73 wrote: »
    £12m Crouch gets 10 league goals in a season and £35m Carroll gets 4 league goals in a season and you are using Crouch as part of an arguement as to why Newcastle would need to pay £20m or more for Carroll?

Carroll got 10 goals in all comps from 30 starts, Crouch got 14 from 37. Ok, Crouch did better in the league but they're not wildly dissimilar. The age differential is very significant also, Crouch has virtually no resale value to factor into his fee, whereas even after a very poor 18 months the bidding seems to be starting around the £13m-£15m mark for Carroll.

I'm don't believe Carroll is worth £20m, but I'm hoping by virtue of the fact that Crouch went for £12m and with some reported demand from various clubs for him, that we can get £20m for Carroll.

If the club got back 50% of what they paid for Carroll I would think that we got more than the player is worth. It is just the fact that we paid £35m that is making the talk about £15m - £17m look like small money, when it is actually a good price based on how the guy has been for Liverpool more often than not since he pulled oin the red shirt back in March of 2011.

What have we actually paid for Carroll? Was any proportion of the fee dependent on achievement e.g. PL or CL success? Are rumours that we've only paid £22m or £25m for the guy off the mark?

The problem is the only club who could afford £20m are Newcastle. I can't see Fulham spending that kin of cash on him, same with Villa who've tightened their belt a lot recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

£15 million for Allen?

Oh dear.

Don't now if its been posted, but the match against Toronto is been shown live on ESPN on Saturday night from 8:30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Football is back, thank you jesus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I have a feeling that Carroll's move back to Newcastle will surprise us all (money wise) in a good way .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Any chance of us taking the other Demba as part of the deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dickerty wrote: »
    I wonder about the Doni thing. He can't have been happy with the few minutes he got last season, and with both Jones and Gulacsi there, do we really need him? Is he sufficiently better than Jones, in which case should Jones be going?

I assume Reina is getting longer leave than others cause he was involved in the Euros for a week longer than anyone, and cause he was so langered at the celebrations!

Odd that Robinson and Suso are included (will probably get some time off from training, but good to be included), but not Coady? Has he slipped that badly, or injured? He went from starter for England in the Euros, to sub, to unused sub...

We are resting Doni.
    5starpool wrote: »
    Simple solution, Milan give us Ibrahimovic, we give them Carroll. All we have to do then is persusde Ibra to take a 60% paycut or so, and we're grand. Easy peasy.

;)

He is gash.

amiable wrote: »
    I think it's actually because of what Rodgers actually didn't say.
    I can't emphasise enough how much his agent is probably pulling media strings at the moment and he is not a man to be trusted.
    He will probably be rubbing his hands at the prospect of another big pay day.

This is bollox.

It's Downing obviously. Go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We are resting Doni.

He is gash.

This is bollox.

It's Downing obviously. Go away.

I agree with you Andy but Jaysus,wrong side of the bed this morning or what? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Haven't slept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

What have we actually paid for Carroll? Was any proportion of the fee dependent on achievement e.g. PL or CL success? Are rumours that we've only paid £22m or £25m for the guy off the mark?[/QUOTE]

I think this is a good point. I would be pretty surprised if we paid the whole £35m up front for Carroll. If we did then we were absolutely ridiculous. This could be a situation like that of Robbie Keane where we sell the player back to the club we bought him off and write off what is still owed on him.

If we were going for a swap with Newcastle I wouldn't like Ba, Tiote would be my first preference.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

All these rumours keeping you up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Leiva wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Carroll's move back to Newcastle will surprise us all (money wise) in a good way .

I don't think Newcastle will be held to ransom and make an increased offer for Carroll. Ashley is a shrewd operator. Look what happened with Luuk de Jong, Newcastle wouldn't increase their offer for him and he is now set to join Borussia Moenchengladbach.
    Having said all that any offers for £17m+ (hopefully with a couple extra million for add-ons) we should snap their hands off.

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Carroll got 10 goals in all comps from 30 starts, Crouch got 14 from 37. Ok, Crouch did better in the league but they're not wildly dissimilar. The age differential is very significant also, Crouch has virtually no resale value to factor into his fee, whereas even after a very poor 18 months the bidding seems to be starting around the £13m-£15m mark for Carroll.

I'm don't believe Carroll is worth £20m, but I'm hoping by virtue of the fact that Crouch went for £12m and with some reported demand from various clubs for him, that we can get £20m for Carroll.

What have we actually paid for Carroll? Was any proportion of the fee dependent on achievement e.g. PL or CL success? Are rumours that we've only paid £22m or £25m for the guy off the mark?

Carroll did not get 10 goals from 30 starts for Liverpool. You must be looking at the ESPN stat page because that includes his goal for England against Ghana as part of his goal stats for last season.

For Liverpool Carroll scored 9 goals in all comps, and since you want to use the games he started as a yardstick, Carroll started 29 games for Liverpool and got 6 goals from those starts. His other three goals for the season came in games that he came on as a sub.

As for us only paying 22m or 25m for Carroll, that is wishful thinking. When he was bought both Liverpool and Newcastle confirmed that the basic price was £35m, and it was reported at the time that as we got the Torres money in one go, we paid out the full £35m to Newcastle in one go.

NEDDURC wrote: »

I think this is a good point. I would be pretty surprised if we paid the whole £35m up front for Carroll. If we did then we were absolutely ridiculous. This could be a situation like that of Robbie Keane where we sell the player back to the club we bought him off and write off what is still owed on him.

If we were going for a swap with Newcastle I wouldn't like Ba, Tiote would be my first preference.[/QUOTE]

Tiote and Cabaye would be the two Newcastle players that I would love to see one or both of at Liverpool.

In fact if they want to offload that pair, then I would give them Carroll, Downing, and Cole in return. Three full England internationals for two foreigners. A bargain for Newcastle.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I don't think Newcastle will be held to ransom and make an increased offer for Carroll. Ashley is a shrewd operator. Look what happened with Luuk de Jong, Newcastle wouldn't increase their offer for him and he is now set to join Borussia Moenchengladbach.
    Having said all that any offers for £17m+ (hopefully with a couple extra million for add-ons) we should snap their hands off.

This is a rare example for Newcastle - this is a statement of intent, to spend big and bring a local lad home. He is still being shown as shrewd cause they difference between sell and buy price have funded 2/3 other players. And he will work much better there.

I think if he goes back there, he might never move again, so it's a good investment for them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Carroll did not get 10 goals from 30 starts for Liverpool. You must be looking at the ESPN stat page because that includes his goal for England against Ghana as part of his goal stats for last season.

For Liverpool Carroll scored 9 goals in all comps, and since you want to use the games he started as a yardstick, Carroll started 29 games for Liverpool and got 6 goals from those starts. His other three goals for the season came in games that he came on as a sub.

As for us only paying 22m or 25m for Carroll, that is wishful thinking. When he was bought both Liverpool and Newcastle confirmed that the basic price was £35m, and it was reported at the time that as we got the Torres money in one go, we paid out the full £35m to Newcastle in one go.

Well this just shows how crazy we were last season. Noboday apart from Chelsea and Real pay upfront for players. If you are right on this then it is absolutely crazy that we got £50m so decided to abandon all logic in transfers and pay out the full £35m. If we'd structured this correctly over a number of years then we could have leveraged that £50m to buy a number of players. I just can't believe how stupid that decision was. Leaving out the fact about who we signed for that sort of money, it was crazy to operate that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Dickerty wrote: »
    This is a rare example for Newcastle - this is a statement of intent, to spend big and bring a local lad home. He is still being shown as shrewd cause they difference between sell and buy price have funded 2/3 other players. And he will work much better there.

I think if he goes back there, he might never move again, so it's a good investment for them...

Would agree with this.

I think that it would be a very good deal for Newcastle as they would have their old player back, plus would have made a big profit by selling him for 18 months.

I would also suspect that Carroll back at Newcastle would be a Carroll that puts in serious effort far more often than he did at Liverpool as he would be happier there.

• Advertisement

I really think Newcastles interest is genuine and I would go so far as to say that they may even meet our £20 mil valuation, but they will also try and get a player thrown in aswell.

If I am wrong then they are experts at trolling .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Leiva wrote: »
    I really think Newcastles interest is genuine and I would go so far as to say that they may even meet our £20 mil valuation, but they will also try and get a player thrown in aswell.

If I am wrong then they are experts at trolling .

I would bite Newcastle's arm, shoulder, neck and head off for anything over 12m and a decent player, Tiote would be awesome.

Carroll was a mistake. Poor value and not capable of playing the sort of football I want to see us play, or the football that our youth sides are playing.

Talk of a Plan B is puzzling to me, yes we should have an alternative when things aren't working, but to resort to panic mode / hoof it at the big man is not a clever plan. If we aren't winning a game then hoofing possession away in the hope that something sticks is not constructive.

I think if Newcastle take him, it will damage their side and change the dynamic they have created. Do the Toon fans want him back? Would they if he was Scottish and not one of their own ?

I am pie wrote: »
    I would bite Newcastle's arm, shoulder, neck and head off for anything over 12m and a decent player, Tiote would be awesome.

Carroll was a mistake. Poor value and not capable of playing the sort of football I want to see us play, or the football that our youth sides are playing.

Talk of a Plan B is puzzling to me, yes we should have an alternative when things aren't working, but to resort to panic mode / hoof it at the big man is not a clever plan. If we aren't winning a game then hoofing possession away in the hope that something sticks is not constructive.

I think if Newcastle take him, it will damage their side and change the dynamic they have created. Do the Toon fans want him back? Would they if he was Scottish and not one of their own ?

IMO we have more chance of getting <£20 mil than having Tiote included in any offer.

But yes we should cash in and cash in quick as I think we are in "transfer hysteria mode" and hopefully Newcastle make the mistake this time, as come Sept, Oct if we still have Carroll then I think Newcastle might just be saying how the dodged a bullet.

I am pie wrote: »

No way will they include Tiote or any well-liked player in the deal. They'd be more likely to complete a deal for Carroll straight and negotiate seperately for Tiote (he'd cost nearly as much!). If they leave out any good player from the deal, then they look like legends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

I see on twitter that a guy called Troels Henriksen is linking Real and Barca to Daniel Agger. Hopefully for LFC sake Troels is a troll.

I see on twitter that a guy called Troels Henriksen is linking Real and Barca to Daniel Agger. Hopefully for LFC sake Troels is a troll.

He is a journo with a Danish paper. Would not be overly worried about it as, like his UK counterparts, he gets far more "exclusives" wrong than right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I agree with you Andy but Jaysus,wrong side of the bed this morning or what? :p
    Haven't slept.

trying to figure out what your new username will be?

:p

£30M and they can talk to us about Agger...

More substantially, I see Pardew has said that he'd like Carroll, but this is with Ashley at a corporate level. So let's see how rich their blood is.

danniemcq wrote: »
    trying to figure out what your new username will be?

:p

In case it's a jinx, please choose Stuart Downing... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew admits: We want Andy

2179212334.jpg WANTED MAN: England's Andy Carroll

By MILES STARFORTH
    Published on Tuesday 17 July 2012 11:20

ALAN Pardew has confirmed Newcastle United’s interest in bringing Andy Carroll back to St James’s Park.
    But the club’s manager wouldn’t be drawn on ongoing negotiations with Liverpool.
    Pardew has left the talks to managing director Derek Llambias.
    The club is looking to bring the striker back to Tyneside on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal, with United understood to be willing to pay £13.5m in a year’s time.
    Pardew, for the moment, is focused on Newcastle’s pre-season campaign.
    1831961402.jpg
    And his side beat Monaco 1-0 in Landsberg am Lech last night thanks to a first-half goal from Demba Ba.
    Asked about Newcastle’s interest in Carroll, Pardew told the Gazette: “It’s simple, really.
    “Sometimes transfers are done at corporate level. I’m slightly detached from that. It’ll be what it’ll be.
    “It’s been said that he’s available, and if we’re involved, then we’ll be involved because of the figures, not anything else, because we know he’s good enough.
    “I’m slightly detached from it, to be honest.”
    Carroll left the club in a controversial £35m move in January last year.
    And Pardew admits the Gateshead-born player would again be a huge asset to Newcastle if the club could bring him back to the club.
    “We’ve got a great team here, a great squad, and if Andy Carroll comes it’ll only add to us,” added Pardew.
    “But that whole process is a little bit more involved with the chairman and the board at Liverpool.”
    Carroll isn’t part of new Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers’s long-term plans.
    Click here to subscribe to ESPN and watch Newcastle’s pre-season games
    Talk of the Toon: Newcastle star Steve Harper’s new number adds up
    Rodgers’s squad left Merseyside for a tour of the United States yesterday.
    And it remains to be seen whether Carroll – who has been given extra time off after his involvement in Euro 2012 with England – joins up with his team-mates across the Atlantic.
    West Ham United and AC Milan are among the other clubs monitoring Carroll’s situation.
    Liverpool, for their part, are looking to recoup as much of their huge outlay on the 23-year-old as possible.
    It is unclear how Carroll’s wages – reported to be £80,000-a-week, would be absorbed into United’s tight pay structure.
    Twitter: @milesstarforth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement