Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Bruach na Habhainn Ennis

• 08-10-2014 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking at renting in this area – has anybody any experience of the place? Is it handy for the motorway? What are broadband speeds like in the area? Does the area flood?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrsnib

Hi,
    I have rented in this area and loved it. Is it the apartments or houses that you are looking at? broadband speeds are great. It is a very family orientated area. I never encountered any problems here. Johnno's is close too for a quite midweek drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

mrsnib wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have rented in this area and loved it. Is it the apartments or houses that you are looking at? broadband speeds are great. It is a very family orientated area. I never encountered any problems here. Johnno's is close too for a quite midweek drink.

Thanks Mrsnib,

An apartment hopefully. Is it handy to get out to the motorway from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭dmc17

Coat22 wrote: »
    Thanks Mrsnib,

An apartment hopefully. Is it handy to get out to the motorway from here?

Very handy

m4CM8LK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Don't be giving away all the secrets dmc17. They will put traffic lights at the end of that rat run if everyone uses it. I always find the Quinn rd a bit dreary maybe its the mart industrial estate and the river. But than people properly think I am dreary I will say before I get flamed. Just seen ur question about flooding in behind ALWAYS gets flooded but I don't ever recollect that estate flooding. Maybe some one else can answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

The houses are built on a flood plain. Check out www.floods.ie. As you drive out the Quin road to the estate, although a lot of work has been done on river bank protection, check the new stone wall beyond the mart and the work done on the banks of the river fergus.

I can remember all that area flooding many years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

get an upstairs apartment :) Problem solved

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A friend of mine lives there and he really likes it. As mentioned, Johnno's is just around the corner, you also have a shop very near by (Western Motors), you have the Quinn Road Industrial estate near by with loads of services if you need anything (restaurant, gyms, hardware shops). I don't know if you drive or not, but if you don't the Train/Bus Station is there as well so it's handy for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Moved in last week.

So far so good. Haven't ventured into Jonnos yet though as once I start I won't stop!

Advertisement