Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea, FA Cup Final, May 05, 17:15, Wembley Stadium

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I shall be taking up my spot behind the couch.

I'm not hugely confident and fear Kenny's heart will rule his head in this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll have my tea on my lap cos its a 5.15 kick off! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

My team would be:

Doni

Kelly
    Carragher
    Agger
    Johnson

Spearing
    Shelvey

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Bellamy

Suarez

No I am not joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    No I am not joking.

is Skrtel injured?

if so, why no Skrtel?

apart from that, i quite like the team, though Andy Carroll would feel hard done by after being pretty much the only player bar Doni who seemed to try the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

my team would be:

reina
    johnson
    skrtel
    agger
    enrique

spearing

gerrard
    shelvey

saurez
    bellamy

carroll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

My team would be:

Doni

Kelly
    Carragher
    Agger
    Johnson

Spearing
    Shelvey

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Bellamy

Suarez

No I am not joking.

Bar Carragher, Doni, and Johnson I would agree with your team. Swap them for Skrtel, Reina, and Enrique and you have my preferred team to take on Chelsea.

I do have a feeling that Carragher will start though, that we will have three defenders on the bench yet again (two CBs and a full back), and that Kelly will get a start. Have a feeling that Carroll and Henderson will be given the nod by Kenny as well.

3-2 to Liverpool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can see this being a draw, but would be happy enough with that result especially if we get an away goal or two to take back to Anfield on Tuesday.

2-2.

Kuyt won't start, really think him playing most of Fulham was a pretty strong signal.

Reina
    Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique (Carra, sadly, will start for Skrtel)
    Gerrard-Spearing (pointing a lot)
    Downing---Suarez----Bellamy
    Carroll

Might really be 4-4-1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Really difficult game to predict. Drogba will cause Carragher a lot of problem if they both play. 1-1 after 90 minutes I think with Liverpool winning on penalties again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

3 -3 draw.

Torres and Carroll hat tricks and JT to score a winning penalty after falling slipping on his run up.

:p

In all seriousness, its going to be tough to call. Both teams playing well below what they're capable of recently.

Our own good fortune in the UCL and piling up fixtures have cost us a 4th place finish in the league and we rested a couple againt Newcastle, but against Fulham Liverpool rested about 7, 8 players also.

I'm going to go 2-1 Chelsea victory after extra time, Drogba to be the difference as he always seems to play well at Wembley and his scoring record there is exceptional.

Chelsea to line up as such :

Cech

Bos
    Ivanovic
    JT
    Cole

Mikel
    Lampard

Ramires
    Mata
    Kalou

Drogba

We're sweating on Luiz but I dont think we'll see him play a game before the UCL as we really need at least 1 proper CB against Bayern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

kenny has the hex over us this season, but Robbies team is different to AVB's suicidal high line.
    Pool do create a lot of chances though, so its tricky to call

Both teams will be going for it, thats for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SlickRic wrote: »
    is Skrtel injured?

if so, why no Skrtel?

apart from that, i quite like the team, though Andy Carroll would feel hard done by after being pretty much the only player bar Doni who seemed to try the other night.

In my opinion, Carragher has to play. I think that, if he does play, he'll turn in a performance for the ages. Skrtl loses out.

Yeah, Carroll has been good. But if we had Gerrard, Suarez, Kuyt and Bellers all in the final third we'll be a handful imo.

In my opinion, Carragher has to play. I think that, if he does play, he'll turn in a performance for the ages. Skrtl loses out.

Yeah, Carroll has been good. But if we had Gerrard, Suarez, Kuyt and Bellers all in the final third we'll be a handful imo.

There is a place for Carroll and Suarez to play off one and other or together up front.

With Ivanovic and JT at CB it leaves Bosinwga at RB and if Suarez and or Bellamy can get at him, which is very possible, then the forwards in the box could have a royaler.

RB is our problem position and if its Bosiongwa RB and Ramires RW then both will have to work very hard to combat Enrique/Bellamy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,337 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Anyone's game imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

mike65 wrote: »

I'd rest them for the UCL Final, no point flaring up injuries and havin no CB's for the Bayern game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Drogba starts and 2-1 to Chelesa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Not feeling good about this from a Liverpool viewpoint. I think Chelsea will win 2-0 , Drogba 1st half , Torres to deal fatal blow in the 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Reina
    Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
    Spearin Henderson
    ---Bellamy Gerrard Maxi
    Suarez

Is what i'd like but I doubt we'll get it.
    Possibly Carra and Carrol in for Enrique (with agger at LB) and Maxi (with Hendo on the right of a 4-4-2).

It'll be the odd goal that'll decide it. Too tight to call for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

5:15?? It wasn't that time last year was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

5:15?? It wasn't that time last year was it?

Nope.

Or any other year.

If Carragher starts we will most definitley lose.

My team would be Renia, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Spearing, Henderson, Maxi, Bellamy, Gerrard and Suarez.

I think that team will comfortably beat Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Super-Rush wrote: »

Carragher played in the league cup win at Stamford Bridge so there goes that logic ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Liverpool always raise their game against the bigger teams, I think it'll be close, 2-1 Chelsea

I reckon Torres might get the nod, bring Drogba on later if needs be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Going over on my own. Got a ticket!.

Think lfc will win. After the midweek games i think cfc will be tired and this will be the deciding factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Think Pool will win 1-0 impossible to call though as cup finals usually are. I presume Torres will start? Would be the right call imo and will never be more fired up for a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gerrard to have the game of his life! :)

Cannot wait! Come on liverpool, Ye can have yer champions league well have this one thank you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Liverpool to win on pens :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Nope.

Or any other year.

My team would be Renia, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Spearing, Henderson, Maxi, Bellamy, Gerrard and Suarez.

I think that team will comfortably beat Chelsea.

Yep, thats the sort of team i'd go for. Spearing will have to have a good game tomorrow. I'm worried about him, he's so limited, just a horrible player to watch, be it his terrible passing or overrated tackling. With Lucas out this is the way it has to be though, a Championship player playing for Liverpool in an FA Cup Final. :(

Definitely do NOT want Spearing Shelvey and Gerrard in midfield with Suarez and Carroll up top, i think we'll create next to nothing if we go with that sort of idea. The above team will win IF Spearing and Henderson have big games. Thats a big "if" though.

Have a great day tomorrow any Reds lucky enough to have tickets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its too close to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Gbear wrote: »

Reina
    Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
    Spearin Henderson
    ---Bellamy Gerrard Maxi
    Suarez

Is what i'd like but I doubt we'll get it.
    Possibly Carra and Carrol in for Enrique (with agger at LB) and Maxi (with Hendo on the right of a 4-4-2).

It'll be the odd goal that'll decide it. Too tight to call for me.

This is definitely the team I want, maybe Shelvey in for Henderson, much of a muchness there. Potentially would go Downing instead of Maxi as he had a very good game in the League Cup final, but Maxi has such a good scoring record against Chelsea.

I just really hope that it's Gerrard playing off Suarez.

Not Gerrard in centre-mid.

And no Carroll.

I actually think we'll win. I'm certainly not afraid. I think we'll do it on penos or maybe a one goal win. heart probably ruling the head but anyway.

2-2. Liverpool on penos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

Pepe
    Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
    Spearing
    Bellamy
    Downing
    Gerrard

Suarez

Carroll

Most of the team picks itself i think.
    Wasn't sure about Downing but he's had a decent showing in his appearances at Wembley this year so i think he should start..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

That midfield is far too open. Chelsea would have a field day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

If Skrtel and Agger are fit, I see no reason why Carragher should start. He's a liability at this stage and we don't have the results elsewhere to fcuk this opportunity up. Also if I see Henderson on the right I will be pissed, he's so ineffective there its frustrating. With the right team out Liverpool can win this and we seem to save our form for the cups so hopefully Liverpool 2 Chelsea 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Reina
    Carra Skrtel Agger
    Kelly Johnson
    Henderson Spearing
    Gerrard Bellamy
    Suarez

Didn't think Carra would start but not so sure now. If he is, I'd like to see this. Johnson and Kelly coming back into a 5 man defence when Chelsea are attacking and pushing forward as wing support on the attacks. Carroll and Enrique left out as Carroll doesn't suit style of play and Enrique not good enough going forward. Bring on Downing and Carroll for Gerrard and Bellamy if tactics need changing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very hard game to call. Chelsea are playing well and Liverpool are very hit and miss. I reckon we'll hit tomottow - the post and the net - 1-0 Suarez!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Posting to subscribe.

Drog own's Wembley, Ashley owns the FA cup. It's in the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

My team would be:

Doni

Kelly
    Carragher
    Agger
    Johnson

Spearing
    Shelvey

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Bellamy

Suarez

No I am not joking.

Doni? That's before we even start with your other selections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

sh__93 wrote: »

Pepe
    Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
    Spearing
    Bellamy
    Downing
    Gerrard

Suarez

Carroll

Most of the team picks itself i think.
    Wasn't sure about Downing but he's had a decent showing in his appearances at Wembley this year so i think he should start..

Attacking enough anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm worried about him, he's so limited, just a horrible player to watch, be it his terrible passing or overrated tackling. With Lucas out this is the way it has to be though, a Championship player playing for Liverpool in an FA Cup Final. :(

He's no Xabi Alonso but this is an utterly ridiculous statement.
    His passing is fine, his tackling is good. He's a limited player but perfectly competent.

No team wants to play their second choice midfielders in a cup final but I'm absolutely confidant that Jay will not let us down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

My team would be:

Doni

Kelly
    Carragher
    Agger
    Johnson

Spearing
    Shelvey

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Bellamy

Suarez

No I am not joking.

Doni? That's before we even start with your other selections.

Tbf doni had a great game against fulham but I'd still start reina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

EA Sports simulated the match on FIFA 12. Might stick a 5er on 2-1 Chelsea for the laugh.

Honestly though I can't call it. You never know which Liverpool will show up, and then which Chelsea will show up. I think Liverpool want it that little bit more so would be leaning towards them. I also reckon it's all set up for Andy Carroll to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Masked Man wrote: »
    Posting to subscribe.

Drog own's Wembley, Ashley owns the FA cup. It's in the bag.

Petr Cech has also never lost in the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Liverpool and Cup finals!! No matter what happens tomorrow, it's gonna be bleedin' mental!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Gbear wrote: »
    He's no Xabi Alonso but this is an utterly ridiculous statement.
    His passing is fine, his tackling is good. He's a limited player but perfectly competent.

No team wants to play their second choice midfielders in a cup final but I'm absolutely confidant that Jay will not let us down.

You may have lower expectations for us than i do so. His passing is rubbish. He's a competent Championship player, maybe a bottom 6 Premier League player, nothing more. Thats my honest opionion GBear. Most of our fans seem to be satisfied with him so i realise i'm in the minority.
    Hopefully he has a good game tomorrow, i want us to win as much as you do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

EA Sports simulated the match on FIFA 12. Might stick a 5er on 2-1 Chelsea for the laugh.

Honestly though I can't call it. You never know which Liverpool will show up, and then which Chelsea will show up. I think Liverpool want it that little bit more so would be leaning towards them. I also reckon it's all set up for Andy Carroll to win it.

Drogba scores, Liverpool hit the woodwork. Seems legit.

Got a free bet with PP. Gonna Deal or no Deal it up and throw something on this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Just reading through why would anyone want shelvey playing he looks so out of his debt its not even funny.

Spearing just I wouldn't be too excited about either.

I'd start bellamy and maxi definitely dunno how i'd pick a lineup for this game although I will predict a win for either team by a goal or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Fúck sake! Its all Carra's fault!
    Gave Drogba acres!

Kenny out!!!

EDIT: In all seriousness, I'd line up with:

Pepe

G.Johnson--Skrtel--Agger--Enrique

Spearing
    Henderson

Gerrard

Suarez
    Bellemy

Carroll

Its possibly too attacking, but I think you have to try and get your most dangerous players on the pitch.
    Suarez, Gerrard and Carroll together could cause problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

If I see Downings name on the team sheet I`m gonna go bat shit mental. When the going gets tough,Downing goes missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I reckon it'll finish 2 - 2 with Chelsea winning it on penos.

• Advertisement
Advertisement