Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net Connection Problems This Morning?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Biggins wrote: »
    I know this should be in the PC section normally but I think its important to people here too who more frequent this section by various connection means.

This morning a lot of sites in Ireland (and it seems, outside Ireland) is inaccessible for some reason.

From Independent.ie to even yahoo.ie and .com sites - all are having intermittent problems.
    Even MSN Messenger is giving connection grief.

Vodafone say they are aware of the problem across Ireland.

If you think its is just your pc - chances are its not a fault this morning just to you.

Chrome and adobe flash have issued updates. These might (I say "might!") be the source of the problem for some company websites.

If your able to read this message on your mobile phone, I post the above just to reassure you - your not on your own with this problem.

i cant thank you enough no really, it was hard enough xplaining why somewebsites wouldent load to my mother! thanks alot:D

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

Magaa wrote: »
    i cant thank you enough no really, it was hard enough xplaining why somewebsites wouldent load to my mother! thanks alot:D

All seems to be ok again - get your mother to hit F5 - tell her it restarts the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

fergalfrog wrote: »
    All seems to be ok again - get your mother to hit F5 - tell her it restarts the Internet.

the only reason she wants it is for farmville. feckin waste of internet anyway:P

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

thanks

i had problems this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

UPC is my ISP, so these type of problems are an almost daily occurance.

No big deal really, as you get used to it after the first year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

jjd wrote: »
    No o2 broadband service in wicklow at all last night
    just changed over to o2 on monday (not a good idea )and no service on tuesday isint that a great start :mad:
    could not access anything not even their website to complain
    also not just me as i rang sister in law in newtown who also had no service
    it just cut out for me as well about 11pm last night as well. seems to be back today.
    don't worry, though. o2 have a good enough service. been with them for about a year now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I've gotten reports of it still ongoing in a number of areas. Back for a few hours then gone again, then back...

Its happened to myself a few times today. It must be peeing off a great number of personal and business people. Its effected the ability to use emailing applications as well.
    Very strange indeed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

in the year my brother (and now me) have been with o2, the only incident i can remember where i had no service was last month about the 27th may when something happened but they fixed it quick enough. whether last night's outage is related to that, i don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

was doing it this morn for me to, seems to be grand now. Also on vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Vodafone had a nationwide DNS issue this morning from about 8:30 till 11:00am, all working again now tho. :D

• Advertisement

At the end of the day, all the rest (who are leasing lines off Eircom) are using established Eircom lines so I suspect the source of the problem may be come from one original reason/source!
    ..I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No problems here at work with digiweb (Galway). Have Vodafone at home, it was dodgy at lunch but that's nothing new, couldn't get the RTE player to load for a good while and allot of the time if the page does load it seems to be missing it's CSS styling. That happen all the time though.

I have had problems all day and currently still experiencing them.

Its on/off - speeds desperately VERY slow (paying for their top service!).
    Its so bad its fcuking crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

My internet is functioning as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

fergalfrog wrote: »
    I am finding it is not just Irish sites that are inaccessible (on Eircom - restarted router etc etc)

Thanks for posting this thread.

This is also very useful:
    http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com

The sites I am testing are saying it is just me but obviously it is not.
    Down for everyone or just me!

Advertisement