Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School raided by police because of facebook

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

If they raid a place just because of a suspicious combination of words

That's AH fúcked then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

lol, /b/tards troll RL so hard sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

I deny everything. I wasnt ever here :)

Am I the only one who finds it creepy that the FBI are able to trawl through people's facebook pages like this?

Am I the only one who finds it creepy that the FBI are able to trawl through people's facebook pages like this?
    Its only if they are public, people need to lern2facebook and make their pages private.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

Teutorix wrote: »
    lol, /b/tards troll RL so hard sometimes.

Speak English Please !!

MiciG91 wrote: »
    Speak English Please !!
    |-|0\/\/ 80u+ n0?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Yes you are.

The English government have been scanning all e-mails, faxes and phone calls made to England for decades. Echelon Wiki

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Imagine the headlines if they hadn't picked up on it, and the guy had done a school shooting - all the trashy papers would be complaining that he'd signalled his intent online hours beforehand, and that lives could have been saved had police been more vigilant. You just can't win.

I'm not saying that he would have done it though, chances are he was just being dramatic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This is an example on how this up and coming fascist Global Government will operate.

One arm of this institute will pick up buzz words from search robots trawling social networking sites. Words such as "bomb" "shoot" "Airport" "blow up" flotilla, Israel, will set off alarm bells. :eek:

Information will then be forewarded on to the central control authorities, they will then contact the sourse or region of the offending material.

A rapid response unit will then be deployed, doors will be kicked down, arrests made and questions asked later.

Real terrorists will avoid using any social networking sites while the average joe soap will be arrested and branded as a terrorists

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

This is an example on how this up and coming fascist Global Government will operate.

One arm of this institute will pick up buzz words from search robots trawling social networking sites. Words such as "bomb" "shoot" "Airport" "blow up" flotilla, Israel, will set off alarm bells. :eek:

Information will then be forewarded on to the central control authorities, they will then contact the sourse or region of the offending material.

A rapid response unit will then be deployed, doors will be kicked down, arrests made and questions asked later.

Real terrorists will avoid using any social networking sites while the average joe soap will be arrested and branded as a terrorists

But it'll create jobs. The innocent have nothing to fear.

Confab wrote: »
    Thats the thing, the innocent will be the ones getting arrested poor fecks.

Thats the thing, the innocent will be the ones getting arrested poor fecks.

Police Internet Censorship is alread Up and Running in London.

http://boingboing.net/2010/05/05/london-cops-signs-in.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

I dont see what the problem is with this, I'v no problem with my facebook/emails being scanned by anyone for that sort of stuff. If your gunna put a picture of a gun on facebook, with the words 'tommorow, and 'leaving this world' written around the gun, you should expect some repercussions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

"bomb" "shoot" "Airport" "blow up" flotilla, Israel

WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Absurdum wrote: »
    WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

The black helicopters are now hovering over :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

too bad this whole thing didnt cause facebook to go offline for a while at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

The English government have been scanning all e-mails, faxes and phone calls made to England for decades.

Those of us who live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland have nothing to worry about then.

But when I want to discuss plans for the forthcoming jihad with my brothers in England I should arrange for them to call me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Confab wrote: »

So when you've made three strikes for typing in suspicious sequences of words we hope you wont mind us putting camera's in every room of your house & checking your e-mails, if you're innocent you'll have nothing to fear ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Its only if they are public, people need to lern2facebook and make their pages private.

Lol, privacy on facebook, pfft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The ironing is strong here. Perhaps you should "run to da hills"?

Anyway, I say kudos to all involved. You can't be too vigilant with kids imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The school said it was the FBI who raised the alarm after internet scanning software picked up a suspicious combination of words.
    Catholic Technology College

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Privacy dosent exist

The school said it was the FBI who raised the alarm after internet scanning software picked up a suspicious combination of words.

Catholic Technology College
    Overheal wrote: »
    :pac: :pac: :pac:

You would have thought that would have set off other alarm bells. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

MiciG91 wrote: »
    Speak English Please !!

Learn2internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

tommyhaas wrote: »
    I dont see what the problem is with this, I'v no problem with my facebook/emails being scanned by anyone for that sort of stuff. If your gunna put a picture of a gun on facebook, with the words 'tommorow, and 'leaving this world' written around the gun, you should expect some repercussions

Prepare to be raided.:P:D
    Boards is probably now on some security forces "suspicious activity" list. (if it wasn't already lol!) See how easy it is for perfectly innocent conversations to be flagged?

I don't know why anyone is surprised that this technology is in use, tbh. It's been around for quite some time now.

Noreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fair play to them, I say. :)

We can now expect more doors to be kicked in with this move thanks to the EU again.

This is just another fascist move by the EU towards the one world Government, and more so as we push further towards the cashless society.

What is the US definition of a "potential terrorist"? Someone who purchases basic household materials with their credit card that could be used in a so called "terrorist attack", like several empty containers, petrol and some fireworks. :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10321388.stm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think the US definition has changed from "bomb maker" to "uncontrolled individual".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

tommyhaas wrote: »
    If your gunna put a picture of a gun on facebook, with the words 'tommorow, and 'leaving this world' written around the gun, you should expect some repercussions

I didn't see Thin Lizzy get arrested for singing 'Jailbreak'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

airport bomb gun blow up 10.45 osama jihad durka durka allah akbah martyrdom can't wait for me virgins

should i now be worried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

airport bomb gun blow up 10.45 osama jihad durka durka allah akbah martyrdom can't wait for me virgins

should i now be worried?

No Biffo sure we've turned a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

mathie wrote: »
    No Biffo sure we've turned a corner.

'it was a global problem'

*snorts, scratches arse, finishes guinness, leaves*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I wrote this little piece for our school paper when I was nearing the end of my school days. It's so easy to take these things out of context - just as well the FBI weren't on my back then, eh?

"As my school days draw to a close it has put me in a sombre mood. Soon I will be leaving this world, this world which has been my home for nigh on 14 years, this world of classrooms and revision schedules, of pens and peers - school friends and yes, even enemies, enemies that I once loathed I will one day look back on without hatred.

I will miss it all but find myself still able to whip up a frenzy of concentration for the last showdown - the leaving cert - and soon I will be gunning for top marks. The hard work will pay off, college is in my sights and all I have to do know is pull the trigger.

Boom! I'm there. So long! See you in the next life guys, I'm going to miss this place."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Anyone stupid enough to make such threats on the worlds most popular website deserves to get arrested to be honest.

I don't like this idea of monitoring all websites. Too many possibilities for false positives that could lead to someone's life being destroyed.

Though, it would be nice if they could run this 'search' on forums/youtube etc and look for troll-like comments and flag/remove them :D

Advertisement