Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License to have Children

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

If this was to be a feasible plan you would be opening up a whole new debate as to what constitutes a 'bad' parent. Does it mean anyone on welfare? With a criminal record? Somone who doesn't recycle? Who gets to make that call?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Truley wrote: »
    If this was to be a feasible plan you would be opening up a whole new debate as to what constitutes a 'bad' parent. Does it mean anyone on welfare? With a criminal record? Somone who doesn't recycle? Who gets to make that call?
    The church, everyone in this country still has their thoughts shackled by their Catholic upbringing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Sure having children is a human right now, don't ya know? :rolleyes:

But anyway, education is the answer, well at least according to research by David Attenborough. Where education is taken care of and considered important, young people grow up with more ambition for themselves.

Irelands population isn't in trouble, but what about the rest of the world? The level of sustainable people on the earth is well gone. We're at nearly 7 billion. Just about every problem in the world can be blamed on the huge population. Something does need to be done, but whatever it is it won't be good enough. We've already fúcked up the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

scudzilla wrote: »
    So in your world then it's perfectly acceptable for somebody to not work a day in there life and pop out kid after kid, and having there benefits increased wit each one. Also it must be fine in your eyes that we're paying more tax for these leeches.
    Why is that retarded sh1t always resorted to on Boards - someone says something and another comes along and replies "Oh and I suppose you this, this and this"...? It's like 12-year-old arguing tactics...
    Blah, blah, basic human right, blah blah. I don't care.
    LOL
    Via wrote: »
    It does surprise me that you have to have a license to fish, but any woman can pop out a human like its no big deal.
    I'm not surprised by that at all any more - seeing as someone says it as if it's a "eureka" statement on every second thread on After Hours since time began.
    I also lament he phrase they use: "Having a baby".

Girls: you are NOT having a baby. You are having an ADULT. It just starts off as an infant, but 46 years later, they might not be so cute. Its terrifying how candidly women talk about having a kid. Terrifying.
    When a person's having a baby, surprisingly enough, getting all existentialist and metaphorical is the last thing on their mind - so yes, they're having a baby...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

djhunter30 wrote: »
    I think there was some talk of delaying puberty (Don't know what country) in teens until 18.

That is absolutely ridiculous.
    You can't delay puberty unless you remove the testes/ovaries in early teens thus removing all sex hormones.

There's no counteragent to eg. testosterone.
    Oestrogen is not an "anti-dote", nor vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Scummers do seem to breed like rabbits as soon as there physically capable. Yes its a burden on us all, yes its a sickening to see children born into the world purely as a means of leeching more money from the state, yes it seems to be a unending loop of parasites being spawned onto the streets.

But having a licence to have a child or selective sterilisation is flawed in every way. Its a complete violation of basic human rights to deny any creature (even filth) the right to procreate.

The other thing is, these unfortunate kids do sometimes grow up to be normal functioning members of society.

I say we have stricter means tests for these the hills have eyes people who are bursting kids on to the street to collect more welfare. Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

All we need is a licence for girls to spread their legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

As for the young lads, Fine them and stop there dole or charge them 33% of there earnings for every child they father, that'll soon sort them out.

What if they have 4 kids?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I always thought that it was a good idea.

I mean, you need a
    • licence for a dog
    • licence for a TV
    • licence to drive
    • licence to shoot
    • licence to thrill...
    I wouldn't have it brought in for tax reasons or to reduce the population, but rather to stop complete and utter fúcktards from breeding, and poorly raising their kids.

Blah, blah, basic human right, blah blah. I don't care. A lot of people shouldn't be allowed to bring children into this world. And making them pass a test, and possess a licence should stop them.

How it would be policed, I don't know. What should be done if some procreates without a licence? Prison? I'm not sure.

But wont the more clever fúcktards get around this by simply popping down to the post office and purchasing a licence? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

I think those who have children but don't want them should be sterilised...you know the women that you hear screaming at their child (children) in supermarkets or see them hitting them over the head...not because the child is misbehaving...no no, the child might not even move and that's considered a bad thing by the mother..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I think those who have children but don't want them should be sterilised...you know the women that you hear screaming at their child (children) in supermarkets or see them hitting them over the head...not because the child is misbehaving...no no, the child might not even move and that's considered a bad thing by the mother..

What! if parents where sterilized for giving out to their kids then I should have been held down and snipped years ago. lol

By the sounds of it, you dont have any kids.....

They do drive the most sane person "insane"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

gsxr1 wrote: »
    What! if parents where sterilized for giving out to their kids then I should have been held down and snipped years ago. lol

By the sounds of it, you dont have any kids.....

They do drive the most sane person "insane"
    Starburst surely made it clear (s)he wasn't talking about run-of-the-mill giving out but actual bullying/abuse...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

there are already enough things you need a license for in this poxy nanny state without adding one more to the list...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Dudess wrote: »
    Starburst surely made it clear (s)he wasn't talking about run-of-the-mill giving out but actual bullying/abuse...?

i guess so. Apologies starburst .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Doc wrote: »
    Mate you really should warn people if you’re going to put a photo up like that.

While I understand why you did it is a really disturbing image.

Apologies Doc. I never even thought to do it. Sorry for any upset.

I've just had enough of some of these scumbags just popping out kid after kid then claiming a fortune in benefits, never have to work a day in there life and the likes of myself, hard working tax payer, having to pay out just cos they can't keep there legs closed.

They don't do much except keep the foetal assembly line going, yet you work hard and your wages go towards paying for their welfare.

Sounds like someone's a bit envious. If you ask me, they're beating you at life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

And then sending the children to work cash in hand and take half of it for house keep. Mowing lawns, cleaning windows, selling newspapers theyre all at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

And then sending the children to work cash in hand and take half of it for house keep. Mowing lawns, cleaning windows, selling newspapers theyre all at it.
    :D
    DAMN KIDS DOING BOB A JOBS HOW DARE THEY

This place is worse than the Joe Duffy show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

ppl who abyoose der kidz shudnt have n e more lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

€12.70 a license. I have to pay it for my fur baby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement