Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License to have Children

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

Although tbh after that gut reaction I just felt really sad both for her and her child :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

scudzilla wrote: »
    I think the Chinese have it spot on when they limit couple to 2 children (May even be 1)

We should do that over here, limit people to 1 child per person, Unless they could prove that they could support an extra child, and for each extra child they must prove that they can support said child.

I've just had enough of some of these scumbags just popping out kid after kid then claiming a fortune in benefits, never have to work a day in there life and the likes of myself, hard working tax payer, having to pay out just cos they can't keep there legs closed.

As for the young lads, Fine them and stop there dole or charge them 33% of there earnings for every child they father, that'll soon sort them out.

What does everyone else think?

My first thought was 'your ma' but then I thought 'the OP should never be allowed to have kids for fear they will grow up to be bigots'. You decide which you like best OP.
    Ive just had enough of people putting down those less well off! I seem to hear the most rubbish from low paid people, go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

It's the oppisite in japan more benefits for having childern, something like 70% of the population are over 65 not enough workers. China is some **** hole

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Forced abortions, we'd still have to keep abortions illegal for those that wanted it though.

so, what? pregnancy squads roaming the streets asking pregnant women for their credentials?

if you needed to you could hide a pregnancy until the window for abortions has passed.

and once again, what about children that are born at home? you can't abort a baby*.

*i mean baby as in born, rather than a fetus still in the womb.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

I think the Chinese have it spot on when they limit couple to 2 children (May even be 1)

We should do that over here, limit people to 1 child per person, Unless they could prove that they could support an extra child, and for each extra child they must prove that they can support said child.

I've just had enough of some of these scumbags just popping out kid after kid then claiming a fortune in benefits, never have to work a day in there life and the likes of myself, hard working tax payer, having to pay out just cos they can't keep there legs closed.

As for the young lads, Fine them and stop there dole or charge them 33% of there earnings for every child they father, that'll soon sort them out.

Nice one Enda that won't get you any voters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 mick_jt

And if you only have a provisional license to have kids you must have a fully licensed parent with you at all times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I think there was some talk of delaying puberty (Don't know what country) in teens until 18. Would solve a few problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

djhunter30 wrote: »
    I think there was some talk of delaying puberty (Don't know what country) in teens until 18. Would solve a few problems.

it is probably impossible but, assuming it were there would be a lot of problems.

you would get a bunch of 18 year olds who are full of raging hormones* and able to buy drink.

*it would be like allowing twelve-fourteen year olds into clubs now and filling them with alcohol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

CD. wrote: »
    it is probably impossible but, assuming it were there would be a lot of problems.

you would get a bunch of 18 year olds who are full of raging hormones* and able to buy drink.

*it would be like allowing twelve-fourteen year olds into clubs now and filling them with alcohol.

Point taken. There must be fix for those feckers aka dole sponging child factories.

djhunter30 wrote: »

Does that mean you wouldnt get spots till your eighteen? What about pubic hair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

CD. wrote: »
    so, what? pregnancy squads roaming the streets asking pregnant women for their credentials?

if you needed to you could hide a pregnancy until the window for abortions has passed.

and once again, what about children that are born at home? you can't abort a baby*.

*i mean baby as in born, rather than a fetus still in the womb.
    In an Ireland with forced abortions anything's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I think scummers will pay as much attention to it as they would any other licence or law. And what would be the reprecussions of having a child outside this licence?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That would make a great slogan for a political party. (that's if it isn't one already..)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Millicent wrote: »
    Can't tell if you're joking or not so if you're not, I'll just point out the huge numbers of infanticide cases in China, over-burdened orphanages and the unequal gender divide which now means there are a crazy amount of men for every woman in China.

ETA: This photo says it all.

Mate you really should warn people if you’re going to put a photo up like that.

While I understand why you did it is a really disturbing image.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

What's in a name? That which we call a bash all the lone parents because of the scamming minority thread by any other name would smell as didn't we do this last week. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

The Chinese have it right. Same thing should be brought in here asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭positron

TheZohan wrote: »
    Does that mean if you have a coloured child you must have a coloured licence?

Never seen a "colourless" person in my life. All Irish are various shades of pink! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Do you get penalty points if your children grow up to be cunts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Millicent wrote: »
    Can't tell if you're joking or not so if you're not, I'll just point out the huge numbers of infanticide cases in China, over-burdened orphanages and the unequal gender divide which now means there are a crazy amount of men for every woman in China.

ETA: This photo says it all.

holy ****e millicent. Pics of dead babies is the last thing I wanted to see this morn. Thats very upsetting ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

It seems to me that the economic problems this country faces always brings people to the fore who would willingly deny the Basic Human Rights of others, just to reduce their own tax bill.:(:(

Maybe we should also murder the children whose parents could afford to support them two years ago, and are no longer in a position to do so - through no fault of their own, I might add!

It's a grossly unjust solution, of course, but, hey - the demands of extreme Capitalism must be met, right?:rolleyes:

Noreen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I always thought that it was a good idea.

I mean, you need a
    • licence for a dog
    • licence for a TV
    • licence to drive
    • licence to shoot
    • licence to thrill...
    I wouldn't have it brought in for tax reasons or to reduce the population, but rather to stop complete and utter fúcktards from breeding, and poorly raising their kids.

Blah, blah, basic human right, blah blah. I don't care. A lot of people shouldn't be allowed to bring children into this world. And making them pass a test, and possess a licence should stop them.

How it would be policed, I don't know. What should be done if some procreates without a licence? Prison? I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

This a perfect solution. It would be almost impossible for a scumbag to obtain a license.

Therefore knocked up scumbag has baby taken away.
    Baby given to good people.
    Baby grows up to be a respectable individual.
    Scumbags die out.

Everyones happy:D

karlog wrote: »
    This a perfect solution. It would be almost impossible for a scumbag to obtain a license.

Scumbags die out.

Everyones happy:D

WOW thats a great idea and it would really work! Have you ever thought of running for election? What about running of a cliff? By my standard someone that believes taking babies of their parents because their parents are not respectable individuals are in fact a scumbag! Dont let that type of scumbag have kids and we have a solution.
    Everyones happy:D I guess its all about perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

karlog wrote: »

Scumbags have seven more children.

It's impossible to stop people breeding. The state can already take the children off their parents, I suppose what you'd need then is bigger orphanages to deal with all the new children under the states care. Bigger but with less paedophiles obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yep, but it would be hard enough to get abortion here, never mind forced ones.

The snip would a better option.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Jasus, some really thick ideas get floated on AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Apparently Mary Harney and the HSE had a pilot programme on this over the last few years......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Only Haney ate the kids.

and washed them down with bottles of vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Via

While I cant stand the filth firing kids out for the benefit, its a bit drastic to do a China on it. Maybe paying them a lump sum to get sterilised?

Yeah, thats a great idea. Simple, motivated by self interest, major money-saving.

It does surprise me that you have to have a license to fish, but any woman can pop out a human like its no big deal.

I also lament he phrase they use: "Having a baby".

Girls: you are NOT having a baby. You are having an ADULT. It just starts off as an infant, but 46 years later, they might not be so cute. Its terrifying how candidly women talk about having a kid. Terrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Via wrote: »
    Girls: you are NOT having a baby. You are having an ADULT. It just starts off as an infant, but 46 years later, they might not be so cute. Its terrifying how candidly women talk about having a kid. Terrifying.

/outbreak of frenzied applause from female half of world population as layers of obfuscation and misunderstanding are finally lifted

Advertisement