Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License to have Children

Options
  • 14-06-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

I think the Chinese have it spot on when they limit couple to 2 children (May even be 1)

We should do that over here, limit people to 1 child per person, Unless they could prove that they could support an extra child, and for each extra child they must prove that they can support said child.

I've just had enough of some of these scumbags just popping out kid after kid then claiming a fortune in benefits, never have to work a day in there life and the likes of myself, hard working tax payer, having to pay out just cos they can't keep there legs closed.

As for the young lads, Fine them and stop there dole or charge them 33% of there earnings for every child they father, that'll soon sort them out.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I have a Licence to kill.....children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

While I cant stand the filth firing kids out for the benefit, its a bit drastic to do a China on it. Maybe paying them a lump sum to get sterilised?

Also it'd be hard to find the actual fathers sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

im glad i dont live in "free" china

• Registered Users Posts: 81,861 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

License to parent a child: untenable.

Even requiring parents to take a class before receiving social service allowances for children is asking for deep trouble. Though I've suggested it before. In reality, these ideas just aren't that feasible. And good luck fighting the parent lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Was China really the best example you could muster? Cos child limits have worked so well there... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The chinese have a reason for it, which is over population. Who would make the decisions? The government? HSE? Lol... What you would have is a law which allows the rich to have children and the poor be punished. It's a basic human right and it should never be considered. The few who have made a balls of raising children will ruin it for everyone else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

scudzilla wrote: »
    License to have Children

Does that mean if you have a coloured child you must have a coloured licence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Unworkable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

TheZohan wrote: »
    Does that mean if you have a coloured child you must have a coloured licence?

No, just an ordinary.. eh never mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Compulsory abortions for chavs/scumbags ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not really unworkable.

If the mother refuses to put the name of father on Birth Cert then she gets all her benefits in food vouchers only, so the baby won't suffer.

Millicent wrote: »
    Was China really the best example you could muster? Cos child limits have worked so well there... :confused:

Haven't they? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

I've just had enough of some of these scumbags just popping out kid after kid then claiming a fortune in benefits, never have to work a day in there life and the likes of myself, hard working tax payer, having to pay out just cos they can't keep there legs closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Archimedes wrote: »
    Compulsory abortions for chavs/scumbags ftw.

Miniature American flags for others.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Anybody that thinks tucking their tracksuits into their white socks is cool should be shot sterilized. That should help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Anybody that thinks tucking their tracksuits into their white socks is cool should be shot sterilized. That should help.

I'd have stuck with shot there tbh. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Haven't they? :confused:

Can't tell if you're joking or not so if you're not, I'll just point out the huge numbers of infanticide cases in China, over-burdened orphanages and the unequal gender divide which now means there are a crazy amount of men for every woman in China.

ETA: This photo says it all.

ETA again: Photo is disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Are you worried about the real prolem of overpopulation or are you just against the poor breeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I think the Chinese have it spot on when they limit couple to 2 children (May even be 1)

We should do that over here, limit people to 1 child per person, Unless they could prove that they could support an extra child, and for each extra child they must prove that they can support said child.

As for the young lads, Fine them and stop there dole or charge them 33% of there earnings for every child they father, that'll soon sort them out.

Do you think they have it spot on when they abort a huge amount of female babies because of the tradition of male heirs? Or maybe you think this is the way to go...http://blog.sanriotown.co.id/vievie:hellokitty.co.id/files/2009/10/chinababy_severalhrs.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

You'd think that doing that would be enough to repel women but unfortunately the world is a crazy place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

if a person wants to have kids then let them, it is not up to a government to decide on whether or not a person can have kids and how many. Screw China, they eat dogs and execute tax dodgers to sell their organs on the black market! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Rah, rah, rah.

The f*cking Daily Mail mentality that often pervades After Hours, not only surprises me quite often (due to it's persistant & popular nature), but often makes me think that there's a lot of people out there who really don't spend much time contemplating anything in any great depth, but just open their mouths & let their unfiltered biases spill out onto the page.

Rah, rah, rah.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ireland's constant supply of young people and lack of an ageing population is probably what's kept our heads above water. Overpopulation is not a problem in Ireland, your suggesting solutions that have nothing to do with the cause of the problem your describing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Rah, rah, rah.

The f*cking Daily Mail mentality that often pervades After Hours, not only surprises me quite often (due to it's persistant & popular nature), but often makes me think that there's a lot of people out there who really don't spend much time contemplating anything in any great depth, but just open their mouths & let their unfiltered biases spill out onto the page.

Rah, rah, rah.

So in your world then it's perfectly acceptable for somebody to not work a day in there life and pop out kid after kid, and having there benefits increased wit each one. Also it must be fine in your eyes that we're paying more tax for these leeches.

Do you volunteer for Greenpeace at weekends?

Millicent wrote: »
    Can't tell if you're joking or not so if you're not, I'll just point the huge numbers of infanticide cases in China, over-burdened orphanages and the unequal gender divide which now means there are a crazy amount of men for every woman in China.

ETA: This photo says it all.

touché

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

it's a ridiculous idea. who would enforce it? how would you stop people giving birth at home? what happens when you find someone has more children than they are supposed to have?

not only that but there are people who will pass the money requirment but are crap parents.

if you're worried about people who pump out children and encourage their children to commit crime/don't look after their children so their children commit crimes, simple, three strike law for the child. If your child is caught stealing/anti-social behaviour three times, the child allowance for that child is removed.

But then you have the problem of parents who need the money and who try to raise their kids well and do everything they can for the child, but their kids are just pr!cks. whether from social interference (freinds etc) or are just naturally pr!cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

CD. wrote: »
    it's a ridiculous idea. who would enforce it? how would you stop people giving birth at home? what happens when you find someone has more children than they are supposed to have?

not only that but there are people who will pass the money requirment but are crap parents.
    Forced abortions, we'd still have to keep abortions illegal for those that wanted it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

So in your world then it's perfectly acceptable for somebody to not work a day in there life and pop out kid after kid, and having there benefits increased wit each one. Also it must be fine in your eyes that we're paying more tax for these leeches.

Do you volunteer for Greenpeace at weekends?

No, I don't work for Greenpeace. I don't write for the Daily Mail either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

tbh I just don't know what the answer is..
    I work in a detox unit and heard one of the residents say was that the great thing about her being there was that her child (aged 5) 'was in care and they'd now taken care of potty training him/her' It just made me feel what in gods name is society coming to :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whatamothinks

jesus you have a very un realistic idea of what its like having kids!!!! (( kids are a piece of piss :rolleyes:....)

and u have no idea

Advertisement