Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Documentation.

• 16-06-2010 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this should be here but anyway...I posted some private documentation on 3/6/10 to an institution which they somehow have not recieved.The package contained private details credit card details including the number bank details includinig account number and some other financial and personal details.It has not arrived at its destination so they say and am worried it might be opened/found by someone who would not send it back to the sender.It was sent ordinary post and i did not have return to sender details on it (my own fault i know).Anyway i know there is not a whole lot i can do unless it shows up but any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

rovers2001 wrote: »
    Not sure if this should be here but anyway...I posted some private documentation on 3/6/10 to an institution which they somehow have not recieved.The package contained private details credit card details including the number bank details includinig account number and some other financial and personal details.It has not arrived at its destination so they say and am worried it might be opened/found by someone who would not send it back to the sender.It was sent ordinary post and i did not have return to sender details on it (my own fault i know).Anyway i know there is not a whole lot i can do unless it shows up but any advice appreciated.
    Don't be surprised if you end up as a suspect in a murder committed by Mossad agents in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There is a reason why banks don't send you cards and PINs in the same envelope...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

You are not liable for any wrongdoing here whatsoever. Remember that in any future discussions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

only possible advice ...next time, use registered post. :D

as for now ...change bank accounts and credit cards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Anything remotely valuable or containing personal financial information should always be registered. You've little chance of finding it at this stage as even if it is lying in a DO you're looking at a needle in a haystack scenario.

If you want to PM me where you posted it and the destination address I can look into it for you. I wouldn't hold out much hope but it would certainly be a quicker process than getting in touch with customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

next time use registered post as someone else said
    and maybe get onto your bank and tell them to be extra vigilant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Thanks for the advice guys its my own fault anyway.Im holding out to the hope that its lost in a post room somewhere and may surface was told to give it till the end of the week.Will be notifying bank and credit card just in case so thanks again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

rovers2001 wrote: »
    The package contained private details credit card details including the number bank details includinig account number and some other financial and personal details.

Didn't read the thread, but unless it was your own, posting about it here isn't exactly a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

If you didnt use registered post you deserve it you cheap idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Teutorix wrote: »
    If you didnt use registered post you deserve it you cheap cúnt.

:eek: Thats a bit rough Mr Perfect :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

:eek: Thats a bit rough Mr Perfect :eek:
    You dont post money in an envelope unthinkingly so why would you post bank details and creditcard numbers? Its bloody stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

cheap maybe but ****?

Advertisement