Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few minutes more...

• 15-06-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭

Was drivin home from work earlier and pulled in to enter a quiz on 2fm to win a €200 voucher for Fathers Day.Im smashed and it wouldve been a brilliant present. They rang back and just said i was "on the list". Waited a few mins, then said "feck it, sure they must have someone by now" and drove off.

Halfway down the M50 they rang and said i was up next after the song.Arrrrghhhh....had no handsfree kit and couldnt pull in so they had to get someone else. Raaaaaaaaaging! :( The quiz was a piece of piss and all...wouldve won the voucher handsdown and gone into a draw on friday for a €1000 Dundrum voucher!

Ever missed out on something if you'd only just waited a few mins more?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

N Korea at 25/1 to score the 3rd goal tonight, a few more seconds and i might have had it

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

anniehoo wrote: »
    Was drivin home from work earlier and pulled in to enter a quiz on 2fm to win a €200 voucher for Fathers Day.Im smashed and it wouldve been a brilliant present. They rang back and just said i was "on the list". Waited a few mins, then said "feck it, sure they must have someone by now" and drove off.

Halfway down the M50 they rang and said i was up next after the song.Arrrrghhhh....had no handsfree kit and couldnt pull in so they had to get someone else. Raaaaaaaaaging! :( The quiz was a piece of piss and all...wouldve won the voucher handsdown and gone into a draw on friday for a €1000 Dundrum voucher!

For €1000, I'd have got off at the next exit. They're not that far apart on the M50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Just like the time I could have met Mr. T the shopping centre. The entire day, I kept saying, 'I'll go a little later, I'll go a little later...' And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the shopping centre guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

For €1000, I'd have got off at the next exit. They're not that far apart on the M50?
    I honestly couldnt. I was comin up to the N4 turn off and the tail back there was unreal. I shouldnt have even been talkin to the 2fm person at all on the phone (:o) with no handsfree and it was halfway through the song so i panicked and just told her i couldnt pull in anywhere. Theres no way i couldve done a quiz while drivin..ill prob be shot anyway here for even answering the phone at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

This thread is not what i thaught it was when i clicked it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Just like the time I could have met Mr. T the shopping centre. The entire day, I kept saying, 'I'll go a little later, I'll go a little later...' And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the shopping centre guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

I met Mr T in a hotel lobby in New York, he's a ****ing weirdo, you didn't miss a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Absurdum wrote: »
    I met Mr T in a hotel lobby in New York, he's a ****ing weirdo, you didn't miss a lot.
    Either you're trying to be clever or you didn't get the joke ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Absurdum wrote: »

I met Mr T just after I robbed a bank in Hanoi.....I asked him to mind a bag and a gun for me and he said no bother....seemed like a lovely guy...not seen him since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Either you're trying to be clever or you didn't get the joke ;)

well the joke was on him because I reminded him that Murdock once knocked him out, and that he's afraid of flying, big girls blouse like him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

I honestly couldnt. I was comin up to the N4 turn off and the tail back there was unreal. I shouldnt have even been talkin to the 2fm person at all on the phone (:o) with no handsfree and it was halfway through the song so i panicked and just told her i couldnt pull in anywhere. Theres no way i couldve done a quiz while drivin..ill prob be shot anyway here for even answering the phone at all!

Are yous aloud to drive while on the phone, we aren't!!!:(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

Just saw this thread, I won the voucher, they called me when I was on the M50 so I pulled over to the hard shoulder. Ha ha ha hates that, it must have been fate! :D

Women driving cars and mobile phones dont mix, probably a good thing you did'nt pull over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Tut,I saw someone parked on the hard shoulder earlier on the phone:eek: I took their reg and reported them to the guards. Apparently it's a €200 fine.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I was on a ladder putting a huge chandlier together that weighed about 70kg. I was basically standing right under it and i was nearly finished it. Someone called me and i debated whether to finish the thing, or get down there and then. I got down there and then, and i had literally just stepped foot off the ladder when the chandilier fell right where i had been and smashed.
    If i'd have waited a few minutes more to go talk to the person that called me, i'd be standing here dead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

You were driving home smashed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Yes, tonight I was bidding on a vintage Def Leppard poster, if only my computer wasn't so slow I would have gotten it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yes, tonight I was bidding on a vintage Def Leppard poster.

Pre or post-amputation era?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Why didn't you just pull into the hard shoulder?

Put out your little triangle thing and if anyone asked you say your wife is in labour and you're trying to avoid her

stovelid wrote: »
    Pre or post-amputation era?

Post, it was one from the Hysteria tour.

phasers wrote: »

Put out your little triangle thing and if anyone asked you say your wife is in labour and you're trying to avoid her

:D:Dmy drink early came out my nose!

phasers wrote: »

Ah Phasers...how long are we on boards now eh..me no impregnate anyone..the clues in my name?;)

And did ye read any of the rest of what i said...couldnt get ooooon the hard shoulder :p Oh ..does everyone have a "triangle thing", i dont!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ah Phasers...how long are we on boards now eh..me no impregnate anyone..the clues in my name?;)

And did ye read any of the rest of what i said...couldnt get ooooon the hard shoulder :p Oh ..does everyone have a "triangle thing", i dont!
    The lesbian thing makes the story all the more intriguing.

You have no triangle thing? Consider yourself reported to the guards.

:D:Dmy drink early came out my nose!
    I know phasers...but phasers doesnt know me :( Ah there goes me thinkin any of my 2k+ posts on boards were paid attention to!

Avoidin your pregnant wife on the hard shoulder??Hmmm...

Post, it was one from the Hysteria tour.

How much were you willing to stump up for it?

I know phasers...but phasers doesnt know me :( Ah there goes me thinkin any of my 2k+ posts on boards were paid attention to!

Avoidin your pregnant wife on the hard shoulder??Hmmm...

I pay attention annie!
    How's the achilles tendon :D

I pay attention annie!
    How's the achilles tendon :D
    ;) Aww! grand now..felt verrrrrry guilty not doin the mini "marathon" last monday though.

Next year..i swear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Was drivin home from work.
    Im smashed and it wouldve been a brilliant present.

:confused:
    you're from the country where words mean different things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

As you had already answered the call while you were driving, you might as well have stayed on for another few mins, or just put the phone on speaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

wait when's father's day?

wait when's father's day?

20th.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    How much were you willing to stump up for it?

I had already bid $24, when there were just a few seconds to go I realised that I had been outbid. Then my computer stalled as I was trying to re-bid. I don't know how much I would have bid, but that was pretty near my limit.

Advertisement