Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread v3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Strange odds movements in the Lille vs Valencia game, Valencia started as favourites @ 2.20 now they're outsiders @ 2.80... I guess Lille can't choke this time since they have nothing to play for...

I'll definitely be having a look at this later... Valencia have a new coach since last weekend (previously new coaches have leed to huge short-term improvements in Valencia's results for both the A side and the reserves) and Lille have been atrocious thus far in the CL.

If Valencia play the bigger guns (Banega, Gago, Feghouli and Soldado in particular) I'll be backing them to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

In terms of chasing, point taken, but I'm assuming, 1 of 2 things will happen, Celtic or Barca take a 1st half / pre 60 min lead. Highly likely IMO. Even If this doesn't happen, Id still stand by barca at 1/2 with their likely XI. Good luck with whatever you go for in any case.

QUOTE]

Benfica are a decent team but your right on barca's 2nd string mix in a few first teamers and they are tough to play against. But Celtic managed a result at home and almost away. I'd be wary of backing Barca in a meaningless game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

Banco Di Sardegna Sassari to beat Cajasol tonight @ 2.75ish (2.62 with PP) in ULEB basketball.

I know this is not football, but it won't be seen in other forums. I have no further information, other than its a 10/10 bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

JonnyM wrote: »
    any other good value bets out there for tonights CL??
    Alan anytime goalscorer 23/10 still... 5 goals in his last 4 CL games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I like Galatasaray to beat Braga big price as well 2.82

Bayern Munich -2 at 1.87 and -3 at 2.9 considering Bate embarressed Bayern in Bate there may be some revenge exacted tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

elefant wrote: »
    I'll definitely be having a look at this later... Valencia have a new coach since last weekend (previously new coaches have leed to huge short-term improvements in Valencia's results for both the A side and the reserves) and Lille have been atrocious thus far in the CL.

If Valencia play the bigger guns (Banega, Gago, Feghouli and Soldado in particular) I'll be backing them to win.

Soldado is suspended. Since Bayern will most likely beat BATE, Valencia are almost guaranteed to finish 2nd, so they might not be as motivated as Lille who know they prolly won't play in the CL again for a while. Plus Elana will prolly play instead of Landreau so it will be hard for Valencia to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Poor last night hopefully better luck tonight

Man Utd v CFR Cluj
    Man Utd to win not to Nil 21/10
    Man Utd have conceded in 11 of their last 12 games in all competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Think wayne rooney has shown in recent weeks getting back to his best fancy a little bet on him as the prices are nice worth a small stake for fun

Rooney anytime evens
    Rooney 2 or more 9/2
    Rooney hat trick 25/1

Silly double really really low stake for fun lol

Rooney hat trick 25/1

Messi hat trick 6/1

Double
    Lol anyone gonna back that donkey for chelsea to score anytime the one and only fernando torres is a brilliant anytime scorer price tonight at 1/5 lol doesn't he just fill u with confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Really fancy under 2.5 goals in the celtic game tonight.

Barca only scored 1 and benfica failed to score at Celtic Park and I fancy Spartak to just keep it tight, they are not going to go all guns blazing here when they have nothing to play for.

Should be a nervy night in Glasgow and I can easily see a second scoreless draw at home or 1-0.

I dont believe celtic have to quality to break teams down but they are dangerous from set-pieces.

It wont be pretty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Shakhtar - Juve:

Probably will put a few euro on HT/FT: draw/draw, Home/draw and Away/draw for ****s and giggles.

And on 1-1 correct score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

netnerd wrote: »
    Banco Di Sardegna Sassari to beat Cajasol tonight @ 2.75ish (2.62 with PP) in ULEB basketball.

I know this is not football, but it won't be seen in other forums. I have no further information, other than its a 10/10 bet.

where do i find this game got it thanks

rossit wrote: »
    where do i find this game

here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Barca win
    Celtic draw
    Juve draw

20euro treble @9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Any link for PP market? Not there??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Gone with Bayern Win To Nil and Messi Wincast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

Any link for PP market? Not there??

its on bet 365

50 Euro Win on Shakhtar @ 12/5
    10 euro on Alan anytime at 23/10

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

worth backing -3.5 at 9/10 do you think??

• Advertisement

Cheers for the tip mate.

Got 50 on at 6/4.

GL us

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Real madrid vs Ajax over 1.5 first half goals at 10/11
    Think there is some value there!

This came in but a second bet with crewe as a double canceled any profit!

Tonight i think over 2.5 goals in the Shaktar Juve games at 6/4 is great value. They have scored 2 or more goals in all their home games so far and I can see juventus getting at least one! Small cover on the 1-1 dodgy draw which of course is a possibilty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Good to see netnerd back again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

why do people keep commenting on the odds that people quote?

Like i have my a/c with PP, im not going to shop around for the best odds to tell people, they can do it themselves.

People go to the effort to post their thoughts and not to get ridiculed over the price of other bookmakers.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I've had people in the past more or less rant about other sports being mentioned here in the past.

This is a football betting sub forum. There's a general gambling forum. Post the off-topic stuff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hellfish08

was thinking of backing a Celtic win, why have they drifted from 8/15 to 8/11? anyone know?

hellfish08 wrote: »
    was thinking of backing a Celtic win, why have they drifted from 8/15 to 8/11? anyone know?

Money on the other side

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bayern Win to Nil for me @ 4/5

Is bet365 down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Headshot wrote: »
    Is bet365 down for anyone else?

Its been dodgy for me since 5.15pm, telling me i had no funds:eek:,its semi working atm

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Bayern Win to Nil for me @ 4/5

Nice price that. I'll have a bit of that. :D

bet365 down now

They are taking the piss lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Baker87

bet365 down now

They are taking the piss lately.

The last time they went down during the Euros for England v Italy game I ended up getting my bonus stake refunded even though it won....if something like that can somehow happen again i'm all for it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

It's back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Lionel Messi Anytime 4/7 ..Too big a price that at home, stuck 200 down

It's back:)

Hamsters had a tea break I heard

seanhynes wrote: »
    Lionel Messi Anytime 4/7 ..Too big a price that at home, stuck 200 down

yap score tonight and he breaks the record

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

That's with Coral Bookmakers btw

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

Pinning all my hopes on Shakter tonight ( can't have them playing for the draw ) 50 win @ 5/2 . A Shakter win opens the door for Chelsea , and at 40/1 to win the cup again I'll have 20 euro and hopefully get a run for my money ...... Come on Raffa ;-))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Chelsea vs. Nordsjaelland.
    €100 - Chelsea to win to nil @1.60.

Iv gone for celtic to win the race to 9 corners @ 2/1

Huge game for celtic and they like their crosses so I think its worth a shot

yap score tonight and he breaks the record

Muller 85
    Little man 84

45bd06d8-822d-472d-9087-ed435618ab87_Muller_Messi_5dec_800x580.jpg

So he needs 2 to break the record tonight. And that is what i ll be taking.
    next match is away from home for Barca so i guess breaking the record at home may give extra motivation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

One market that imo hasn't been adjusted properly in the Shaktar Juve game is the highest scoring half. As a seasoned Serie A watcher I dont necessarily think the game is a fix but the way these usually pan out is that if the game is level after about 60 play become increasingly negative with more to lose than to gain and the game peters out to a draw. But I think they'll set out with honest enough intentions which is why I think any > than 2/1 for first half highest scoring half is value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Utd team: De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Buttner, Wootton, Giggs, Cleverley, Powell, Rooney, Chicharito, Welbeck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Also calender year records are retarded.

• Advertisement

For the record, most records are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

great price on the messi wincast
    seen 2s on the rooney wincast but it appears to
    be gone from pp now

double for me though
    dont think ive ever taken odds on for a draw before
    hopefully it works out the way most think it will

Champions League Matches Barcelona v Benfica
    05-12-2012 19:45
    Wincast
    L Messi to score in 90 minutes and Barcelona to win the match @ 4/5
    Champions League Matches Shakhtar Donetsk v Juventus
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 10/11

Took this from the Bayern website:

Mario Gomez could make a first start of the Champions League campaign, as Heynckes feels an outing on home turf “and the support of the crowd" could help the Germany striker as he continues his return from injury.

I l lwait till i see a line up and if he plays, take him to score any time, maybe 2.
    Doubbt he ll play more than 60 mins though so no money on the hat trick

mailburner wrote: »
    great price on the messi wincast
    seen 2s on the rooney wincast but it appears to
    be gone from pp now

double for me though
    dont think ive ever taken odds on for a draw before
    hopefully it works out the way most think it will

Champions League Matches Barcelona v Benfica
    Wincast
    L Messi to score in 90 minutes and Barcelona to win the match @ 4/5
    Champions League Matches Shakhtar Donetsk v Juventus
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 10/11
    Rooney wincast is the big header image on the Paddy Power website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anyone have the barca line up? On the phone finding it hard to search, -1 Asian is serious value if its half decent team

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement