Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 on the Late Late

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

user2011 wrote: »
    Are they paying tax for their appearance? Or is it off shore...

Do you actually think RTE paid for them to come on the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

U2 on the Late Late... it's like we all just woke up in the shower and the last 20 years were all just a dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bimble

No way, do they get paid to go on late late and promote album, tell me your on one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

One of the biggest selling, and most successful bands of all time, I'm sure Bono can get over the begrudgery easily enough

.. but are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

The acoustic performance was surprisingly good to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

They've made some great music and sustained success is a real rarity, so props for that.

Doesn't change the fact that Bono is an ass-hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

It is very decent of them to address the peasants on a provincial station hosted by a yokel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

Really liked both of their performances. I thought a lot of their stuff in the past 15 years was ****e. They appear to have returned to their origins or what works.
    Bono is rather self deprecating I find. The furthest thing from arrogant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Think they would be liked more if they paid taxes here and maybe bono stopped sh1t talking

The whole tax thing is such bull**** and a red herring. I couldn't give a toss if they pay there tax here or not as long as it is legit. There is a hell of a lot worse in this country owing taxpayers billions don't forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

Anyone see the priests dancing?
    Better than some music IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Do you actually think RTE paid for them to come on the show?

Haven't a clue tbh but wouldn't put it past RTE or Bono, but the post was in sarcasm if ye wanna know.

Firefox11 wrote: »
    The whole tax thing is such bull**** and a red herring. I couldn't give a toss if they pay there tax here or not as long as it is legit. There is a hell of a lot worse in this country owing taxpayers billions don't forget!

Perhaps, no more than meself, they don't trust the Irish government!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

--LOS-- wrote: »
    The acoustic performance was surprisingly good to be honest!

Why 'surprisingly'?

I'm amazed people are amazed that U2 can, you know, do a good live performance, considering they've been doing it for, well, four decades. And even in the very early years, people who saw them live were given to report "that lot are going to be big".

Sclosages wrote: »
    Perhaps, no more than meself, they don't trust the Irish government!

Does anyone trust the Irish government?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Bono is a fooking dick...yapping on about the people of ireland doing their bit in the recession like his one of us..while his worth over 650m and does he best to avoid contributing to the tax intake

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Does anyone trust the Irish government?

Love many, trust few, and always paddle yer own canoe. :cool:

porsche959 wrote: »
    Why 'surprisingly'?

I'm amazed people are amazed that U2 can, you know, do a good live performance, considering they've been doing it for, well, four decades. And even in the very early years, people who saw them live were given to report "that lot are going to be big."

Didnt bono says that himself during the interview? That most of their songs did not stand up to being played acoustic? The G.Norton interview came across to me like Bono has actually asked this very question over his whole back catalogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I really don't get all this 'I hate Bono because of his inflated self importance' bullcrap poppycock. I'm Irish pure and bread like butter. I RARELY hear or see this guy in an interview. He must appear on the Late Late about twice a decade. Other than his music I've no comprehension of his personality. If I don't, no one else does. Yer all sheep jumping on the it's cool to hate bono bandwagon.

Sheeple

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Was interested to hear in Graham Norton last week that Bono has to wear glasses all the time because he's had glaucoma for 20+ years actually. I might have completely missed it, but I never knew that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Didnt bono says that himself during the interview? That most of their songs did not stand up to being played acoustic? The G.Norton interview came across to me like Bono has actually asked this very question over his whole back catalogue.

Ah, well, ok, acoustic performances are a different matter, probably he is right that many of their songs wouldn't be suited to that treatment.

Does anyone know any particular reason Larry and Adam didn't go to Late Late performance, as a matter of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Specialun wrote: »
    Bono is a fooking dick...yapping on about the people of ireland doing their bit in the recession like his one of us..while his worth over 650m and does he best to avoid contributing to the tax intake

He's a preacher that won't lead by example. Do as I say, not as I do comes to mind.

Ah, well, ok, acoustic performances are a different matter, probably he is right that many of their songs wouldn't be suited to that treatment.

Any particular reason Larry and Adam didn't turn up for Late Late performance, as a matter of interest?

I am SO the wrong person to ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Does anyone know any particular reason Larry and Adam didn't go to Late Late performance, as a matter of interest?

I heard there was trouble in the camp! :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Larry doesn't want to talk about losing 11million.

Ye, the band are splitting up. That's what I heard. The Voices told me.

Apparently they were very busy avoiding paying taxes somewhere.;)

didnt glen hansard have a song called " a song for someone" a few years ago?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Anyone else see Edge and Bono tonight?

Classic acoustic performance, hats off to them. Great song, great performance.

Why all the hate???

Title brought back memories of keating and those other dancing bellends.

urgh cringe-shudder.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WILL NEVER LOG OFF

i love u2!

i don't understand the hate for bono.

then again , i've never listened to him speaking for longer than 30 seconds. I want to hear him sing, not drone on.

my fiancé and i chose ms sarajevo as our wedding song don't wreck u2 for me ye bastards!!:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

It's fashionable to dislike him. I don't follow fashion. I have a mind of my own.

Advertisement