Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 on the Late Late

Options
  • 25-10-2014 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Anyone else see Edge and Bono tonight?

Classic acoustic performance, hats off to them. Great song, great performance.

Why all the hate???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Because they are a bunch of tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Begrudery.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

On Bbc 2 now. Jools Holland in Dublin the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Because they are a bunch of tools.

But what about their song and performance ability? Did you not enjoy that?

And just seen them do another acoustic song on Graham Norton. Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Begrudery.
    If that were true, every successful artist ever would be disliked so intensely.

It's because people can't stand Bono for his severely inflated sense of self importance.
    I don't dislike him as much as some, and I sometimes find the hate a bit excessive, but I do recognise the traits in Bono which people take such exception to.
    Their music is pretty mediocre now but used to be brilliant.

The hate might be a bit of a bandwagon all right, but I don't know about begrudgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Is the new album acoustic??

Is the new album acoustic??

No, not at all. But they did say that they focused on writing songs that are just great without all the fancy production. So they sound great acoustically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Had lost any interest in them over the years, but the new stuff sounds pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JonEBGud

Oo Dos.
    Very well appreciated and listened to
    in Latino American countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bimble

His voice live is as good as is on recorded stuff, the guy can belt it out, but is full of it too. I thought he was pi**ed on late late and Jules Holland

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Think they would be liked more if they paid taxes here and maybe bono stopped sh1t talking

bimble wrote: »
    His voice live is as good as is on recorded stuff, the guy can belt it out

This. I was very impressed with his live voice. People are obsessed with x factor and such bollox. But the man is a class act voice wise. So what if he spout crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bimble

Think they would be liked more if they paid taxes here and maybe bono stopped sh1t talking

touchee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The acoustic song they played on Jools Holland was a snorefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,688 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Anyone else see Edge and Bono tonight?

Classic acoustic performance, hats off to them. Great song, great performance.

Why all the hate???

It's not 'hate' as such, it's just that some people are sick of hearing about them. It's like anything else really - in moderation, grand, whatever you're into, but when it's constantly shoved in your face, or pushed onto your iTunes library without you asking for it, that's just a bit much, too much for some people.

Any chance they'd make 'The Joshua Tree' or 'Rattle and Hum' available in my iTunes library for free?

I doubt it. Don't want their new album either. Personal taste and all but it's absolutely dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

I have never seen a U2 concert, concerts not my bag, but I love their music. I also like all 4 of them as people. We should be proud of them. I put all the hate down to Irish tall poppy syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

They are in the Igo Inn now lashing back the Tuborg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

One of the biggest selling, and most successful bands of all time, I'm sure Bono can get over the begrudgery easily enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Tuborg

Fuukk that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Why all the hate???

Because it's Ireland and Ireland hates success. Especially sustained success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

U2 moved part of their business to a more favourable tax jurisdiction.
    Isn't that the main cornerstone of the Irish government FDI strategy?
    You know, the strategy that has Ireland well known throughout the world as a tax haven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Because it's Ireland and Ireland hates success. Especially sustained success.

Very true, you see the same thing with Ryanair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Bono should donate some of his own money to africa if he cares that much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Really enjoyable night at Late Late,Bono and the Edge were great. Love Every Breaking Wave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Are they paying tax for their appearance? Or is it off shore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Jumboman wrote: »
    Bono should donate some of his own money to africa if he cares that much about it.
    In fairness he possibly does.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

In fairness Bono is known internationally as an ass. It's far from an Irish opinion to hold. He carries on like the kind of man that smells his own farts.

Music was good back in the day for what its worth and the other three seem like tolerable people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

Fair enough Bono is a do-gooder, or so he thinks but I'm poor and he's rich yet he still wants me to contribute to his causes. Bit of a contradiction really. Use your own money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Really enjoyable night at Late Late,Bono and the Edge were great. Love Every Breaking Wave

Advertisement