Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview the Person Below You

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Not yet. But I rarely get through a working day without a row of some sort - one of the key benefits of working in the construction industry.

How much would you keep for yourself if you won that 190 million tonight? I'm thinking 30 to 40 million myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Not yet. But I rarely get through a working day without a row of some sort - one of the key benefits of working in the construction industry.

How much would you keep for yourself if you won that 190 million tonight? I'm thinking 30 to 40 million myself

I couldn't possibly comment.

Would it not be better to have 19 draws of 10 million?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Would that not be awlful confusing...19 draws

If you did win the lotto and had to give some away
    Would you give it to friends/relation

Or pay people who you don't like to either stay away from you or pay them to move to other side of the world

Would that not be awlful confusing...19 draws

If you did win the lotto and had to give some away
    Would you give it to friends/relation

Or pay people who you don't like to either stay away from you or pay them to move to other side of the world

Ha, If I don't like them I wouldn't give them the steam off my millions.

Do you think you could handle the pressure of winning that much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hell yeah! Imagine how much fun that's be?

Do you listen to music at work

• Advertisement

Hell yeah! Imagine how much fun that's be?

Do you listen to music at work

Not often, I listen to the general murmur of office goings on, printers, phones, talking, shouting, gossiping, tippy tapping on keyboards.......

If you had to choose would you give an arm or a leg?

Mm neither. I like all my limbs equally.

Would rather be too hot or too cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Too cold. It's easy to sort that out, with a nice hot shower, the heating on, warm clothes, hot water-bottle.

Too hot - not a whole lot you can do about it.

Tea or coffee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Mm neither. I like all my limbs equally.

Would rather be too hot or too cold

Furk both of 'em in the ear. I have automatic climate control.

Would you like to spend a week in the Arizona desert, and then go from there for a week in Nunavut, Greenland?

I'd love too.

You're paying, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'd love too.

You're paying, right?

Am I buggery. And you'll need a Bowie knife as well as a Winchester Lever-Action for the buffalo in Arizona, and a spear-gun for Nunavut. No food for lazy man!!

Do you like to travel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Very much so.

Do you think I should ask for some days off and take off somewhere next week?

Very much so.

Do you think I should ask for some days off and take off somewhere next week?

I couldn't possibly comment.

Would you be missed if you did take off?

I don't think I would actually

Where would be a good place to go?

I don't think I would actually

Where would be a good place to go?

Disneyland.

Do you like Mickeys?

I'm extremely fond of one, the others hold no appeal whatsoever for me.

Do you like amusement parks?

I'm extremely fond of one, the others hold no appeal whatsoever for me.

Do you like amusement parks?

Not bothered really. More of a no for me.

Ever play the slot machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

gramar wrote: »
    Ever play the slot machines?

Yes, a couple of years ago in Bundoran when I was on a surfing holiday with mates. The place is full of them. Won about €80 and then this auld wan came over, told me I had taken her machine and that I would have no more luck. She walked away, I then lost a €5 and decided to cut my losses.

Have you ever surfed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Areyouwell wrote: »
    Yes, a couple of years ago in Bundoran when I was on a surfing holiday with mates. The place is full of them. Won about €80 and then this auld wan came over, told me I had taken her machine and that I would have no more luck. She walked away, I then lost a €5 and decided to cut my losses.

Have you ever surfed?

No, but at Lahinch once, watched a bunch of young ones falling off their boards repeatedly while me and the other Mums passed buns and tea to each other through our car windows. We were pulled up about 2" from each car as the rain was beating it down and we could only see the kids with full wipers on and the fans blasting the windscreen. The joys.

As a child, did you ever have a crappy outdoor "adventure" experience you were sent on by your parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Stayed in a camping park once which advertised a playground. Turned out to be a broken down JCB.

Have you ever played a golf game online?

• Advertisement

Wii Golf..... I guess that sort of counts

Do you have any computer game you play a lot?

My kids do, but I play PGR4 and Forza on the Xbox quite a bit.

Do you do any activity that most people would be surprised at if they knew?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

On the PC? No. But on the PS4, I'm currently playing Shadow of Mordor a lot. I'm a big LOTR fans so I'm totally hooked.

If you had to pick a day off and work the other. What would you chose, Chrismas day or New Years day?

Shrap wrote: »
    My kids do, but I play PGR4 and Forza on the Xbox quite a bit.

Do you do any activity that most people would be surprised at if they knew?

Yes
    Areyouwell wrote: »
    On the PC? No. But on the PS4, I'm currently playing Shadow of Mordor a lot. I'm a big LOTR fans so I'm totally hooked.

If you had to pick a day off and work the other. What would you chose, Chrismas day or New Years day?

Work NY Day and off Christmas. Have done it plenty of times.

Any plans for the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Any plans for the weekend?

Sleep, drink, have a shave, cinema, laze about on the couch.

Did you finish early today?

Nope, 7 minutes to go and off for the long weekend :D

Have you any phobias?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Have you any phobias?

No, There's things I don't like but I'm not terrified of anything.

Dressing up for Halloween or is that just for kids?

I used to every year on multiple nights out. I am boycotting it this year.

Will you go out for Halloween?

Yes...all going well :)
    Not dressing up though

Have you ever driven a car made for driving on the RHS of the road

• Advertisement

Yes...all going well :)
    Not dressing up though

Have you ever driven a car made for driving on the RHS of the road

Yes, learned to drive in one. The boyfriend taught me when I was 16 and inter railing in Spain. Scary, even if it was a dirt track, it had a 40ft drop on one side. I could do hill-starts like a boss after that though. Seat Ibiza fyi.

Have you ever brazened out a bad haircut?

Yes, learned to drive in one. The boyfriend taught me when I was 16 and inter railing in Spain. Scary, even if it was a dirt track, it had a 40ft drop on one side. I could do hill-starts like a boss after that though. Seat Ibiza fyi.

Have you ever brazened out a bad haircut?
    Yes...I've had some terrible haircuts...mainly due to being good friends with a few students hairdresser and being too shy and not wanting to hurt there feelings

Should I get my hair bleached ( just the top section)... I've light enough hair as it is

Yes...I've had some terrible haircuts...mainly due to being good friends with a few students hairdresser and being too shy and not wanting to hurt there feelings

Should I get my hair bleached ( just the top section)... I've light enough hair as it is

It depends on your colouring. If you're sallow, go for it. If you're Irish colouring (like me) and have a touch of red in your natural colour, it'll go yellow. And I mean brassy yellow.

Or do you mean light as in thinning?

It depends on your colouring. If you're sallow, go for it. If you're Irish colouring (like me) and have a touch of red in your natural colour, it'll go yellow. And I mean brassy yellow.

Or do you mean light as in thinning?

Haha...not thinning just yet!!!

It's like very light Brown...turns blond itself un the sun...I do get awlful abuse for being blond in work and esp since I nearly tan to look at the sun :P

How would you go about making your hair bright white/ would this do damage??

Haha...not thinning just yet!!!

It's like very light Brown...turns blond itself un the sun...I do get awlful abuse for being blond in work and esp since I nearly tan to look at the sun :P

How would you go about making your hair bright white/ would this do damage??

Grand if you're not thinning! I've been bleaching my hair on and off for about 25 yrs, colouring it blue, green, red, pink...all the colours of the rainbow. You're talking to the right person. I do it myself though, but I've had practise. If you want to do it cheap and have any more hairdressers in your life, go get some powder bleach and some peroxide (John Frieda is good) and hand it to her/him. Edit: Bright white is hard enough to achieve. You'll want a professional for that as it can be damaging. Also, like I said, if you have a touch of red (even in your beard for example) then it's twice as hard to get.

Are you thinking of staying blonde or going a bit more radical?

Grand if you're not thinning! I've been bleaching my hair on and off for about 25 yrs, colouring it blue, green, red, pink...all the colours of the rainbow. You're talking to the right person. I do it myself though, but I've had practise. If you want to do it cheap and have any more hairdressers in your life, go get some powder bleach and some peroxide (John Frieda is good) and hand it to her/him.

Are you thinking of staying blonde or going a bit more radical?

Emm...just the top bit...as I do like the hair as short back and sides (im not a pikey I promise)... Is it even possible just to do the top bit??

Have you ever shaved your head like proper 100% gone with a razor

• Advertisement

Emm...just the top bit...as I do like the hair as short back and sides (im not a pikey I promise)... Is it even possible just to do the top bit??

Have you ever shaved your head like proper 100% gone with a razor

Yup. A few times in my punk youth :D Also did it about 4 yrs ago for charity. Yes it's totally possible to do just the top bit but you'll need to find a hairdresser who knows EXACTLY what you want and who will comply. They are notorious for having a better idea than you do.

Do you care if anyone thinks it would be "pikey"?! I don't care what people make of me, do you?!

Yup. A few times in my punk youth :D Also did it about 4 yrs ago for charity. Yes it's totally possible to do just the top bit but you'll need to find a hairdresser who knows EXACTLY what you want and who will comply. They are notorious for having a better idea than you do.

Do you care if anyone thinks it would be "pikey"?! I don't care what people make of me, do you?!

I don't really....but I do hate getting stopped and searched by the gaurds...esp since I don't ever have anything to with drugs....joys of looking as everyone always tells me I look dodgy/shifty :/... Bothers me more than it should at times

Have you ever walked out of shop /cafe without paying for something and had to return feeling like a simpleton to pay

I don't really....but I do hate getting stopped and searched by the gaurds...esp since I don't ever have anything to with drugs....joys of looking as everyone always tells me I look dodgy/shifty :/... Bothers me more than it should at times

Have you ever walked out of shop /cafe without paying for something and had to return feeling like a simpleton to pay

Yes. And felt like they figured I wouldn't have come back given the choice. Even though it was a choice, and I did.

I live in a small town so we all know the guards, but when I first moved here I was forever getting stopped. I learned their names ("Sorry now guard, I don't know your own name?"!) and it stopped. If I ever meet one now, I name drop the sergeant. So you're a walking target, like myself. Do you have anything to hide?

Yes. And felt like they figured I wouldn't have come back given the choice. Even though it was a choice, and I did.

I live in a small town so we all know the guards, but when I first moved here I was forever getting stopped. I learned their names ("Sorry now guard, I don't know your own name?"!) and it stopped. If I ever meet one now, I name drop the sergeant. So you're a walking target, like myself. Do you have anything to hide?
    Actually I don't...funny thing isu...I never ne associated with drugs etc....too much hassle etc
    Im actually just wicked quiet...I just tend to avoid busy situations/excessive night's out and seemingly this is reason enough to arise suspicion...and nothing ever said/done to scummers going around wreaking Waterford

Have you ever gotten a random text off someone who you used be half meeting but haven't heard from in months

Actually I don't...funny thing isu...I never ne associated with drugs etc....too much hassle etc
    Im actually just wicked quiet...I just tend to avoid busy situations/excessive night's out and seemingly this is reason enough to arise suspicion...and nothing ever said/done to scummers going around wreaking Waterford

Have you ever gotten a random text off someone who you used be half meeting but haven't heard from in months

For sure. Usually at an awkward time. Recently a fella half my age who got my number cos I was (legitimately) selling a chainsaw and then called me at 3:00, 4:00 and 7:00 in the morning while I was asleep curled up with the boyfriend. Occasionally get a call from some randomer saying "do you have x's number, I remember you used to be with him? (10 yrs ago)".

How could avoiding busy/excessive nights out be a reason to be suspicious? Are there many scummers in Waterford?

• Advertisement

Too many!!!

Have you ever lit a firework

Too many!!!

Have you ever lit a firework

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No.

Are you superstitious? (I'm not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

NEVER. NEVER. NEVER.
    Favourite Ian Paisley quote?

None he was rotten

Are you looking forward to the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

None he was rotten

Are you looking forward to the weekend

yea I am really looking forward to it.

What are your plans for this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭abstrakt82

i am going to do some personal work and then spend the rest with my girlfriend. saving money for next weekend :D

what prompted you to join boards?

Looking for second hand tractor parts for a nixer...desperation stakes
    Still no luck :(

Ever been to a five star/ really posh restaurant??

Looking for second hand tractor parts for a nixer...desperation stakes
    Still no luck :(

Ever been to a five star/ really posh restaurant??

Yes, several times in several countries.

Ever go to what looks like a dingy restaurant and discover amazing food?

Yes, several times in several countries.

Ever go to what looks like a dingy restaurant and discover amazing food?

Emm no...rarely eat out if I'm honest ...much prefer to try cook myself...and try cook healthy

Do you eat takeaways regularly??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement