Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nargc

Options
  • 04-10-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi I got my new nargc card back and the protection status says member but every other year it says full! Is this a mistake or is it new wording?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hollow point

It says the same on mine didn't notice that before

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

Not so bad I know you can be a member of 2 clubs and only insured with 1 was afraid it was an error

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If that's the compensation fund card and it says "member" on it you are covered under the fund's terms of operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ace86

I think it means it covers you only and if you had a friend and uninsured with u on a days hunting and had an accident i don't think the fund will cover your friend,its for you only.

ace86 wrote: »
    I think it means it covers you only and if you had a friend and uninsured with u on a days hunting and had an accident i don't think the fund will cover your friend,its for you only.

If your shooting activities happen to cause injury or damage to a third party the fund will step in. If a third party's shooting activities cause injury or damage to you their liability cover will be your first port of call. Any other damage or injury caused by a third party's shooting activities has nothing to do with you anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Lads,

I think the answer is more basic. I asked my compensation fund officer.
    There was a glitch in printing the cards and some state "member" and some say "full member" etc. it was just a glitch in printing the cards and ye are all covered by the fund once ye are paid up through the club in the normal way..no panic and nothing sinister..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Big Bangstick

Is a glitch like small print?

Those glitchs can be a nice way out if things go legal in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

Iv sent email to the fund the other day to clarify this and as of yet no reply????

It really is very simple, you paid, you're a member. It's not like insurance where you buy a policy. This is essentially a year's membership of an indemnity fund that is ran on a not for profit basis.

If I have been correctly listening to Chris Gavigan in the past the fund is ran in the interest of the members and indeed it generates income from investments and so on but it's main task is providing members peace of mind through covering their liabilities coming from negligent and/or unfortunate actions while out shooting or doing other related activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

mine used to say full aswell but then i emailed the NARGC and they told me they just changed the protection status to '' member ''

• Advertisement

There is or were two levels of cover. One was 3rd party & the other is or was personal accident. As such there were two levels of subscription. if you paid the lower amount you obviously didn't get the personal accident cover. So, what's on you're card may be important if you paid for personal accident & what's on your card doesn't reflect that.........but I'm sure once I tell them some lad on Boards.ie said I was OK then I'm covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

The Personal accident and third party merged. Everyone pays €50 unless they are over 70 or under 19. Everyone pays the same and gets the same level of cover.

Like I said already there was an issue in printing some of the cards so it states member on some and full on others.

berettaman wrote: »
    The Personal accident and third party merged. Everyone pays €50 unless they are over 70 or under 19. Everyone pays the same and gets the same level of cover.

Like I said already there was an issue in printing some of the cards so it states member on some and full on others.

OK

That sorts that so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

There is or were two levels of cover. One was 3rd party & the other is or was personal accident. As such there were two levels of subscription. if you paid the lower amount you obviously didn't get the personal accident cover. So, what's on you're card may be important if you paid for personal accident & what's on your card doesn't reflect that.........but I'm sure once I tell them some lad on Boards.ie said I was OK then I'm covered.

There is only one level of cover.

There is only one level of cover.

There were 2. So is personal accident now included in price?

Advertisement