Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi boiler fitter in Dublin

Options
  • 03-07-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I want someone to install a combi boiler. I've had four people around about this and they were all quite negative about combis. At times, from some of their explanations, I haven't been entirely convinced they really knew their stuff.
    Does anyone of company who are experienced in installing combi boilers in Dublin? Or has someone successfully installed a combi in your house?
    Please let me know. I'm losing hope about combis!

Comments

What reasons are they giving you?

Water pressure, usage, gas pipe size are among some of the things that can have a negative impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Verte11

gary71 wrote: »
    What reasons are they giving you?

Hi gary71 thanks for reply.Water pressure is the main thing.
    Do you know anyone who has installed combis in low pressure areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

You wouldn't install one direct to mains in low pressure/flow areas , you would fit a pump to a storage tank , also as Gary said you might need your gas supply upgraded .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

You can also install a "closet" tank with a built-in pump. They are also suitable for potable water if you wish to have a balanced system.
    Definitely gas working pressure could be the issue. The gas pipe from the meter to the boiler usually has to be upgraded to suit, but depending on the installation, issues can usually be overcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

Verte11 wrote: »
    I want someone to install a combi boiler. I've had four people around about this and they were all quite negative about combis. At times, from some of their explanations, I haven't been entirely convinced they really knew their stuff.
    Does anyone of company who are experienced in installing combi boilers in Dublin? Or has someone successfully installed a combi in your house?
    Please let me know. I'm losing hope about combis!

PM sent!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Verte11

Hi,
    Just thought I'd update this thread and let future boiler buyers know how I got on. After months of frustration searching for a competent installer, I finally had a combi boiler fitted and I'm delighted with the results.
    I would highly recommend the man who did the work. Professional, efficient, knowledgeable and also very nice. Well worth every penny.
    http://www.rgii.ie/home/flanagan-services.3898.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Verte11 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just thought I'd update this thread and let future boiler buyers know how I got on. After months of frustration searching for a competent installer, I finally had a combi boiler fitted and I'm delighted with the results.
    I would highly recommend the man who did the work. Professional, efficient, knowledgeable and also very nice. Well worth every penny.
    http://www.rgii.ie/home/flanagan-services.3898.html

Was there much remedial work involved regarding the gas pipe?

Advertisement