Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inviting a Girl "Friend" Away

Options
  • 14-05-2010 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Lads any views on this one which I suppose is somewhat linked to the "Friend Zone" dilemas

Very good friends with this girl I fancy. Thinking of inviting her to a show in England which she has always wanted to go to. Just the two of us heading.

A no no - or go for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If its just about the event and hanging out with your friend then yes,its a good idea.

If its a lame attempt to try and get into her knickers I would say no,its a bad idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

nedtheshed wrote: »
    If its just about the event and hanging out with your friend then yes,its a good idea.

If its a lame attempt to try and get into her knickers I would say no,its a bad idea.
    This.

Why not try something simpler, like asking her out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I would never go away with a girl who was a friend who I fancied. Mostly because I don't like the idea of her f*****g off with some other c**t and I'm left on my todd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Way too much pressure for a first date. I mean you might be in there if you just ask her out on a simple date first.

If you simply cannot ask her though and this is your absolute only way your gonna make a move then you've got nothing to lose, go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

I would never go away with a girl who was a friend who I fancied. Mostly because I don't like the idea of her f*****g off with some other c**t and I'm left on my todd.

I withnessed something like this. I was in Italy, and some mug paid for a whole Italian holiday for his female friend to "help her" get over her recent break up. She met one of my friends and ended up seeing him for the entire holiday. The guy that paid for her holiday was left sitting alone in the hotel bar most nights, as my friend spent the night after night with the girl in her room (which the guy paid for!) she specifically asked him to book 2 seperate rooms, so she must have known he had intentions. what a bitch... and what a mug!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Go for it man, as in:

Just man up and say it to her face. If she says no, then move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I think its a bit tryhard for a first date. Why not try for a local event first and maybe if it works go for broke.

I agree with lame attempt analysis ;)

Advertisement