Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best option for savings

Options
  • 03-06-2015 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

How long do you want to save it for i.e. 1 year, 3 years, 5 years? Longer?

Do you want to draw an income from these funds?

How much risk are you willing to take with these funds?

Are you putting it aside for a particular goal after a set period of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭goldencrisp62

not willing to take any risk.

maximum time I would set aside for is one year

I don't intend to draw an income from this

I have no particular goals for it, other than it is currently in my 365 account and I think that is unsafe for a large sum of money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

If you are looking at a maximum of 12 months to invest then any savings account available to you would only give a rate of c. 1.50%(most of this would be eaten up by their annual management charge), the risk for this would be low aswell.

Outside of that, you could look at Davy select who could let you invest with them, do not charge exit penalties i.e. you could invest for a year and then walk away without incurring any additional charges.
    They do have low risk funds, specifically their GPS cautious fund, which can give a better return than offered by a savings account.

If this is not to your liking, then try Ulster Bank or KBC for best options rate-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Nationwide Regular Saver will give you 4% and its very flexible. Just save between 100-1000 per month for 15 months. Put 1k each month and that would take care of 15k over the term of the account.
    http://www.nationwideuk.ie/

Advertisement