Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VU Duo2 Saorview HD

Options
  • 26-10-2013 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi everyone ,

I am thinking about the vu duo2 , Looks class . Sorry pretty new to this as the sky box was always there. However sky seem be to non stop repeats. The freeview channels in addition to the excellent media player it offers will meet all my needs .

I was thinking this box

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver

Can i get saorview with box?

Can i record RTE2 HD with it ?

Is there any plugin for eurosport player ?

Can anyone recommend any Irish suppliers

Thanks in advanced for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

The Vu Duo 2 is an amazing piece of kit...you can get saorview on it if you get a dvb-t tuner fitted.....dvb-s is for satellite. If you want to watch one rte from the aerial and record another you will need two dvb-t tuners.

You can get upto 4 tuners in the vu duo2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

Also check out the Amiko Alien 2 triple tuner, big thread on here about it. A big money saving but same functionality as the Vu Duo 2 (if you're prepared to do some reading up and configuring)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056707402

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

smee again wrote: »
    Also check out the Amiko Alien 2 triple tuner, big thread on here about it. A big money saving but same functionality as the Vu Duo 2 (if you're prepared to do some reading up and configuring)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056707402

The Amiko Alien 2 and its GM rebrands should not be compared with a VU+/Gigablue/Xtrend etc as the Amiko etc do not take native enigma 2 images and are infact re-ports of E2 with bugs galore.

If the OP is looking at the VU+Duo 2 then they may also wish to look at the Gigablue Quad which is a lot cheaper and runs similar images and is built with the broadcom chipset like the E2 boxes.

STB wrote: »
    The Amiko Alien 2 and its GM rebrands should not be compared with a VU+/Gigablue/Xtrend etc as the Amiko etc do not take native enigma 2 images and are infact re-ports of E2 with bugs galore.

If the OP is looking at the VU+Duo 2 then they may also wish to look at the Gigablue Quad which is a lot cheaper and runs similar images and is built with the broadcom chipset like the E2 boxes.

I disagree, the images available at the moment for the Alien 2 are rock solid. Everyone in the Alien 2 thread is flashing the same Hyperion backup image which is virtually bug free, a perfect daily runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

smee again wrote: »
    I disagree, the images available at the moment for the Alien 2 are rock solid. Everyone in the Alien 2 thread is flashing the same Hyperion backup image which is virtually bug free, a perfect daily runner.

My Point smee is that a Broadcom MIPS based chipset box runs E2 natively for those chipsets with drivers and kernels updated regularly and very large communities and teams as a result.

Amiko type boxes run hacked and ported versions of E2 to run on STi based boxes that were designed to run spark and have little communities of support with limited images.

I was not putting down the box, I am merely pointing out the differences!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply , Any chance to check if the Eurosport player works with the VU+ or Amiko Alien 2 or is there a native app invented by the community to support it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply , Any chance to check if the Eurosport player works with the VU+ or Amiko Alien 2 or is there a native app invented by the community to support it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thinking of getting a VU+ player also. Have had an Amiko Alien since April. Have tried 6 different images on it in that time and all have the same problem.

Channels Freezing.
    IPTV channels freezing
    TS Media working sporadically
    Green Screen when trying to run or install certain plugins

Have tried tons of different c and n lines with it and still the channels freeze. Feel like throwing it at the wall at this stage :D

VU+ looks like a much more stable option.

gazzer wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a VU+ player also. Have had an Amiko Alien since April. Have tried 6 different images on it in that time and all have the same problem.

Channels Freezing.
    IPTV channels freezing
    TS Media working sporadically
    Green Screen when trying to run or install certain plugins

Have tried tons of different c and n lines with it and still the channels freeze. Feel like throwing it at the wall at this stage :D

VU+ looks like a much more stable option.

It may not be the answer, I have zero channel freezing or glitching with my c-line on my Alien2 so maybe you should look elsewhere to see what's at fault, maybe look at your provider/connection/router. Note, I have a proper router and have prioritised traffic to my box.

TS Media is troublesome on any box, it breaks and needs updating regularly. It's also not a great experience when it does work. I get no green screens, but I only installed SH4 compatible plugins from the plugins menu.

Advertisement