Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fakro Vapour Barrier

Options
  • 29-06-2015 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,

I was under the impression the airtightness contractor was installing an intello vapour barrier, I went up to have a look at what the work he did and a Fakro barrier has been installed. Anybody hear of the Fakro barrier and does it provide the required airtightness and vapour control. If it doesn't I will be telling him to rip it out and put in the intello or he won't be getting paid. Cheers for any advice.
    Brendan

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

murphy31ie wrote: »
    Hi,

I was under the impression the airtightness contractor was installing an intello vapour barrier, I went up to have a look at what the work he did and a Fakro barrier has been installed. Anybody hear of the Fakro barrier and does it provide the required airtightness and vapour control. If it doesn't I will be telling him to rip it out and put in the intello or he won't be getting paid. Cheers for any advice.
    Brendan

What did your architect/contract administrator have to say about the change to spec? Typically the contractor would be asked to confirm the new product in writing providing certs etc before works go ahead.

Also ask the builder to confirm in writing the cost saving form using a cheaper membrane..

Link to the data sheet of the product & someone might then be able to comment on its properties

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭murphy31ie

Cheers Bryan

As far as I know the below link is the cert, I haven't been chatting to the contractor yet, I just want to have some info for when I do. He reckons he said to us about the Fakro membrane and he reduced his price accordingly.

http://www.tradecraft.ie/cert_downloads/IAB%20N15%20N35%20S4%20&%20S65%20Agrement%20Certificate%20Sept%202012.pdf

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

BryanF wrote: »
    1. What did your architect/contract administrator have to say about the change to spec?
    2.Typically the contractor would be asked to confirm the new product in writing providing certs etc before works go ahead.
    3.Also ask the builder to confirm in writing the cost saving form using a cheaper membrane..
    4.Link to the data sheet of the product & someone might then be able to comment on its properties
    1. No arch
    2. Not done
    3. No saving
    4. The Link is to a Breathable roofing membrane , not a vapour barrier/ air-tightness membrane

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭murphy31ie

BryanF wrote: »
    1. No arch
    2. Not done
    3. No saving
    4. The Link is to a Breathable roofing membrane , not a vapour barrier/ air-tightness membrane

I am sorry Bryan, I gave you the link to wrong product, you can find it in the following link, it is the eurotop activ v110.

http://www.fakro.com/att/LOCAL/catalogs/products/FAKRO_Roofing.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pkfitz

hi,
    was just wondering did you use the fackro airtight system in the end? I was talking to a guy -snip- and he said that it is exactly the same spec at other membranes only it is cheaper. I bought 5 rolls of it. just hope it's ok. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    murphy31ie wrote: »
    Hi,

Brendan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

pkfitz wrote: »
    hi,
    was just wondering did you use the fackro airtight system in the end? I was talking to a guy -snip- and he said that it is exactly the same spec at other membranes only it is cheaper. I bought 5 rolls of it. just hope it's ok. any help would be greatly appreciated.

this has been discussed to death here in previous posts.

You need to:
    pick the product that is specifically designed for your roof construction.
    then find the exact same product, requirements wise, competitor product
    then
    compare.
    You just cannot let someone sell u a cheaper product without either the buyer or the seller knowing the above.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement