Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Property for salr

• 26-06-2015 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I was wondering if someone could steer me in the right direction. There is a property for sale that I'm interested in. Galway area Price is circa 60,000. The property is finished in so far as , she'll is complete, concrete stairs installed, roof complete, windows in and first fix plumb and electric are in . There is a slight issue with the weather tightness of the roof , which might require another bit of work, circa 5 but generally the house is in good nick. From what I gather it was built 10 years ago and is being sold by the bank.
    The problem I have got is this. The house itself is on the small size, it's a small storey and a half and the rooms upstairs and toilet are very cramped. The house itself is just too small and not suitable for family with any plans to expand beyond 2 kids.
    The question I am asking is would it be possible and viable to take the roof off as there are issues anyway and increase the overall footprint to increase the sqft by another 40 or so % replace the roof or is it worth my while knocking the house and re bul dig from skratch. Bearing in mind the site is worth the price it's for sale o it's own.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

u may not get planning for a bigger house.
    u need to check does it even have planning.
    If u knock it u will pay full planning fees plus demolition/removal costs of c 7 to 10k
    Does it have all the services, water elec etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SteakandKidney

u may not get planning for a bigger house. u need to check does it even have planning. If u knock it u will pay full planning fees plus demolition/removal costs of c 7 to 10k Does it have all the services, water elec etc

It's got its own well and not 100 % on the elec. Planning was ok for what I'm looking to do. They were built well it designed poorly, just too small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,163 ✭✭✭893bet

It's got its own well and not 100 % on the elec. Planning was ok for what I'm looking to do. They were built well it designed poorly, just too small.

Perhaps finish it as it is then add a 39 m2 extention down the line?

Advertisement