Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas stopped working

Options
  • 14-05-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

Boiler is in small room off the kitchen.
    Wall mounted Display/Control switch appears to have no power supply, hence the On/Off and/or Timer functions for heating are not working.
    The Display/Control panel is connected to a switch which says "Do Not Turn Off"

We had a babysitter in the other night and she reported that the heating was not working. I am guessing she might have pressed the "Do Not Turn Off" switch.

Any quick fix suggestion that would save me a call out charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Zamboni wrote: »
    Boiler is in small room off the kitchen.
    Wall mounted Display/Control switch appears to have no power supply, hence the On/Off and/or Timer functions for heating are not working.
    The Display/Control panel is connected to a switch which says "Do Not Turn Off"

We had a babysitter in the other night and she reported that the heating was not working. I am guessing she might have pressed the "Do Not Turn Off" switch.

Any quick fix suggestion that would save me a call out charge?
    Is the switch still in the off position? Check fuse board and see if mcb/ fuses are all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Robbie.G wrote: »
    Is the switch still in the off position? Check fuse board and see if mcb/ fuses are all ok.

Checked circuit board and fine, however I just replaced the 3amp fuse attached to the switch and it blew when I turned it on :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Zamboni wrote: »
    Checked circuit board and fine, however I just replaced the 3amp fuse attached to the switch and it blew when I turned it on :confused:

Looks like you have a dead short in the heating.What make and model of boiler do you have.More than likely your going to have to get someone in.Where snouts are you located there are lads here from all over one of them might be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Robbie.G wrote: »
    Looks like you have a dead short in the heating.What make and model of boiler do you have.More than likely your going to have to get someone in.Where snouts are you located there are lads here from all over one of them might be able to help you

Ah it's a rental so agency will have their own. Cheers for the help though.

Advertisement