Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT SIZE RADIATORS

Options
  • 30-06-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi everyone , just need info on what type and size radiators i should use in my house , i have spoken to 2 plumbing shops, and getting different info regarding the size's and BTU outputs so here is the rooms sizes , with no internal or external wall insulation, might be down the line , however had to take out all the existing rads and gun barrel pipe , as it was in since 1972 with oil , and was changed to wall mounted 120 k b.t.u. gas boiler in 2002 , but the pipe work was not changed, and was now in a very bad way

Kitchen 15ft x 9ft. 2 outside cavity block walls 1 wall is 4ft from next door
    Dinning, 13ft x 11ft 1 outside wall , with an open fire, use from nov to march
    Lounge, 13ft x 11ft 1 northfacing wall
    Hallway 17ft x 7ft 1 fullwidth front door unit north facing
    Landing 9ft x 4ft no outside walls
    Bed R 1 13ft x 11ft 1 outside wall
    Bed R 2 13ft x 11ft 1 outside wall north facing
    Bed R 3 8ft x 7ft 1 outside wall " "
    Bed R 4 12ft x 8ft 2 " " " "
    Bed R5 8ft x 8ft 2 " " south facing
    Bath R1 8ft x 7ft 1 " " " "
    Bath R2 5ft x 6ft 1 " " north facing

Would like to use 500 high double panel Rads down stairs
    and Single panel rads upstairs, ? or if you have a better suggestion i am open to it, i want to use termo valves every where except the bathrooms ?
    and 2 zone system where i can use the gas to heat the hot water only in the summer,
    hope i have covered every thing , thanks to everyone who can help ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marcoz

Hi, do you still have any of the old gun barrel piping you took out left. Im looking for this old plumpbing stuff for an art project Im putting together.

Advertisement