Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendation for a drain cleaning company

• 25-06-2015 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

In Dublin 8 where I won't have to sell a kidney to pay for it?

We're the third house from the end of a terrace. A month ago our downstairs toilet was draining slowly so I checked the shores to find them bunged up. We have three new inspection chutes in a row (don't know what they're called) which were fitted during house renovations three years ago. After the third one there's a right turn which leads to the original shore. House was built in 1847. This shore then leads out into the back lane. I rodded it and managed to clear it but I couldn't get the rod into the right angle carrying the waste into the lane as the shore was too narrow.

Last night I saw the water level had risen in the drain under the kitchen window so I opened the old shore to have a look and it was full :eek:. I tried rodding it again and got the level halfway down but it needs professionals to maybe jet it or something. Is it possible that we are getting everyone else's waste coming through our drains? I fished out baby/hygiene/face wipes from the shore last time and we don't use these at all. There's only two of us in the house and we're in work all day. We couldn't possibly produce the amount of waste that was in the shore :confused:. Our neighbour two doors away was also having problems with her shores.

So, back to the original question! Can anyone recommend a drain clearing company that won't cost too much?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Jon in AJ Drains is nearby and knowledgeable about drains in old buildings. He will do a survey for you. He will also be 'gentle'. Jetting drains too vigorously will eventually collapse them.

Reality is that you and possibly your neighbours may need to do some relaying of drains at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

P.M. Sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Hey, who did you go with in the end? Can you share the cost of getting them inspected? Feel free to PM if you prefer.

Advertisement