Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing scrap do you get more if its sorted?

Options
  • 12-05-2013 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

I'm in tidy up mode, throwing stuff out and I've a lot of plumbing scrap to get rid of now the question is do I just dump in all in the trailer as it is and take it to the nearest scrapper or do I sort it first. Theres a lot of short sections of copper that have been cut out with brass fittings on them and I wondered if its worth me separating out the brass from copper and at what level, I could go mad and take all the old brass olives off but that seems a bit excessive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭nick 56

Do sort it and then most important weigh each bag and label it with contents and weight .

Walk into scrap yard and ask how much per LB / Killo for copper / brass etc.

Go back out and do your sums and drive in and expect to be paid the full whack.

Over the years I have seen so many plumbers ripped off.

PS phone round if you can first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

Yes clean copper #1 (no fittings) is alot better rate than dirty copper #2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Sparkpea wrote: »
    Yes clean copper #1 (no fittings) is alot better rate than dirty copper #2

You'll get half the price of copper for your brass. Copper usuall 4 euro a kilo

Advertisement