Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 build up thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Frisbee wrote: »
    Looks decent as a still, hope it looks as good when it's moving on screen.

Well it can only be an improvement over not seeing the direwolves at all. That was the one bad side of season 1 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Best thing on tele now apart from the Walking Dead. The blonde dragon bird would get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Best thing on tele now apart from the Walking Dead. The blonde dragon bird would get it :)

FYP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I only just got into this last week as so many friends were talking about it. I just shrugged it off as a crap americanised "camelot" type series. How wrong I was! The first few episodes are tedious and many of the stories are predictable but from about episode 5 onwards this is one of the best shows I've watched on television. Superb stuff, can't believe it left us on a cliffhanger!

Series two - my body is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

sweet - another new trailer - only 3 weeks to go ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

donnacha wrote: »

at this rate we wont even have to watch the series:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

donnacha wrote: »

Has no impact on me thanks to the reading the stupid books recently :D

Knowing that "massive spoilers"
    nearly everyone in that trailer is dead
    kind of takes the fizz out of it. This is definitely a rare case where it's better to have seen the show 1st :(

Trailer seems to be focused on the later half of book 2 aswell.

They seem to be overtly sexing up the relationship between
    Stanis and Melisandre
    in the show too :confused: if i'm assuming correctly that's who that red head in the trailer is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

calex71 wrote: »
    They seem to be overtly sexing up the relationship between
    Stanis and Melisandre
    in the show too :confused: if i'm assuming correctly that's who that red head in the trailer is
    I took from the book that part of the reason Stannis was so "into " the whole Melisandre cult thing was because she was a bit of a hottie and he fancied her, and she definitely used her sexuality to lure men to doher bidding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Here's some videos that have popped up over the last few days. The Character featurettes are focused on Season 2 so watch at your own risk (no real spoilers but they do show new characters and whatnot)

Weapons

Joffrey

Jon Snow

Renly Baratheon

Daenerys

The Renly one has me intrigued.
    Margaery is a bit of a mystery in the books as you never get her POV but her TV character looks like she's going to be very interesting.

They've released episode titles and synopses for the first five episodes :)

http://www.tvovermind.com/game-of-thrones/game-of-thrones-season-2-spoilers-april-episodes

Spoilers, obviously. I'm very excited now!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/03/another-new-trailer-price-for-our-sins-is-now-at-hbo-com/

Another teaser. Mostly re-used footage but a few new bits and some new dialogue added. The kid playing Bran is growing up fast!

2 weeks to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

It looks amazing! I'm busy re-reading Clash of Kings at the moment, getting very excited that there is only 2 more weeks!

There's a character featurette for Stannis up now too, I wouldn't watch it if you haven't read Clash of Kings though...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Natalie Dormer as Margery Tyrell. Could be good.

Below spoiler relates to A Feast for Crows:
    How is this going to work later on with her marraige to Tommen, who hasn't even been cast yet? Will they have a child actor playing a ten year old marrying a woman who, young as she looks, is going to be mid thirties when the get around to this part of the story? A bit bevery hills 90210 all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

How is this going to work later on with her marraige to Tommen, who hasn't even been cast yet? Will they have a child actor playing a ten year old marrying a woman who, young as she looks, is going to be mid thirties when the get around to this part of the story? A bit bevery hills 90210 all over again

I really have no idea... Likely, they might change the actress at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Natalie Dormer as Margery Tyrell. Could be good.

Tommen has been cast since Seaon One. Whether they use the same actor or not i don't know. But in 2/3 seasons time he will be old enough. I think it will work as well as it did in the books, especially as the story progresses into ADWDs. It's her marriage before her marriage to Tommen that i am looking forward to.

If you haven't read from book 3 to book 5 please don't read the above spolilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

A little bit about the Greyjoys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 D_Man_22

Is it on Sky Atlantic the day after he US date or will it be a couple of weeks after??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

D_Man_22 wrote: »
    Is it on Sky Atlantic the day after he US date or will it be a couple of weeks after??

Day after, so same as last time. Monday nights, starting the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Elohim wrote: »
    A little bit about the Greyjoys.

(video)

Cool, really interesting, thanks.

• Advertisement

The Stark and Baratheon versions of those allegiance videos are interesting too.

Sooooo close now...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Finished 'A Clash of Kings' the other night so chomping at the bit for this to get started now. Mostly looking forward to Tyrion, Jons and Renlys arcs.
    Renly was probably one of my favourite characters in the books, much better than he comes across in the tv series anyway so hoping he gets a bit more screen time in the second series before he gets shadowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Frisbee wrote: »
    Finished 'A Clash of Kings' the other night so chomping at the bit for this to get started now. Mostly looking forward to Tyrion, Jons and Renlys arcs.
    Renly was probably one of my favourite characters in the books, much better than he comes across in the tv series anyway so hoping he gets a bit more screen time in the second series before he gets shadowed.

Renly
    was hardly given any time in the books at all from my recollection , more mentioned in passing than anything

Aria and Jon interested me the most in that one, though Tyrions arc pays off at the end big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

calex71 wrote: »
    Renly
    was hardly given any time in the books at all from my recollection , more mentioned in passing than anything
    He didn't have a huge part in it alright, but just thought he was a good character who I was hoping might survive a bit longer than he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Just got a massive pang for Season 2. Hurry up April 1!

22 minute HBO featurette on Game of Thrones. Something to tide us over til April 1st!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Daenaryes looks hotter with brown hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Mc Love wrote: »
    Daenaryes looks hotter with brown hair!
    itd be like dating 2 different people, she looks so different when shes playing daeny, so youd have emilia for what 7 months and daenaryes for 5 months:D,

537607-]gotemilia_clarke_large.jpg

2011-04-26_Emilia_Clarke.jpg

emilia-clarke.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cant wait to see the direwolves get bigger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Have been sick the last few days and spent all day yesterday in bed watching all the Season 2 preview stuff on Youtube and reading theories over on asoiaf.westeros.org (avoid if you've not read the books, very spoiler heavy!).

Way too excited at this point!

Advertisement