Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App link in Signature

Options
  • 21-08-2014 9:50pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭

Having looked at the signature rules and browsed the developer forum, either I've missed something or its not there. Am I allowed to put a link to my App's page on the App Store within my signature? (The app costs money.)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Personal opinion is that is allowed as long as you don't misrepresent it :)

You're allowed link to your business in a sig - so as long as clicking the link doesn't cost something then it's no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Simple text link only.

From the sig rules here
    Your sig should NOT be a giant advertisment for anything. We'll just cut it. A subtle link to something you run online is fine. Use common sense. [Addition 09.02.07 - just to confirm that referral links are not allowed due to additional forum spam]. Centred, glowing, blinking ads will be deleted without notice. You have been warned.

Most important bit = Use common sense ... :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

That's grand, thanks very much!

Advertisement