Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA P6 IRE JUNE 2014

Options
  • 06-06-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

How did you find the P6 paper today (June 2014)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lovbnmoma

ckgirl wrote: »
    How did you find the P6 paper today (June 2014)

Hiya I thought question 1 was tough I didn't do very well on that one. What did you make of it? I did q3 and q4 and thought they were ok just very tight for time

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Lovbnmoma wrote: »
    Hiya I thought question 1 was tough I didn't do very well on that one. What did you make of it? I did q3 and q4 and thought they were ok just very tight for time

Hi . I thought it was tough alright. Totally confused with Q1 as any ques I have done are from seller point of view. I did Q4 & 5 which were doable but like you tight for time. Q2 was not good at all...had done nothing on Revenue audit - only just knew basic dates.

Wish I could see the answers...

ckgirl wrote: »
    Hi . I thought it was tough alright. Totally confused with Q1 as any ques I have done are from seller point of view. I did Q4 & 5 which were doable but like you tight for time. Q2 was not good at all...had done nothing on Revenue audit - only just knew basic dates.

Wish I could see

Is this your last one? I have p1 on Wednesday and had p7 on monday and that's all I have left. Really hope I get them can't face into again!

Is this your last one? I have p1 on Wednesday and had p7 on monday and that's all I have left. Really hope I get them can't face into again!

I am doing p2 aswell (for my sins!!!) but really cant face into studying it now.

I know how ya feel im fecked! My car broke down on way to exam today too and I nearly didn't make it in on time. Think all the stress has me wrecked! Do you have any exams to do in dec if you pass these? P2 is a tough one with all the
    Ias to learn but its manageable. I did it in December and got it first time so fingers crossed you will fly through it. Its on Tuesday isn't it?

• Advertisement

I know how ya feel im fecked! My car broke down on way to exam today too and I nearly didn't make it in on time. Think all the stress has me wrecked! Do you have any exams to do in dec if you pass these? P2 is a tough one with all the
    Ias to learn but its manageable. I did it in December and got it first time so fingers crossed you will fly through it. Its on Tuesday isn't it?

That's all ya feckin needed was your car to break down on morning of an exam. If it had only held out till u were on your way home!

Yeah P2 is on Tues. Still got one option to do.
    Lets hope we scrape a pass in all them this sitting. Can't imagine doing 3 in one go.

Best of luck with P1 on Wed and take the bus!

Lol will do! Best of luck on Tuesday too! At least we will have our lives back for a while anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Serious time pressure I found with P6 earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Difficult exam this year.
    Q1 was an awful thing.

I'd say i got just below 50% unfortunately, oh well.

Yeah its so hard to get all written in the time isnt it especially if you have to stop and think about different treatments. I really messed up on q1 too my answer was all over the place.

• Advertisement

I'll bump this for the sake of the impending results and also to torture those who want to forget :rolleyes:.

Can't believe the time has come around. Keep forgetting about it to be honest! Would love to stay in this limbo of not knowing!

Passed P1 and P7 but failed P6. :( At least I only have one left to do, should be easier to manage rather than three at a time anyway!

Also failed P6. Question 1 was too left of field for me :(

Also failed P6. Question 1 was too left of field for me :(

Yes I definitely think question 1 was the killer. Ah well back to the books again!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Folski

Passed study all by myself as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Folski wrote: »
    Passed study all by myself as well.
    pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Griffith college has two different lecturers for F6 depending on whether you go to the main campus, or Tara St. I heard that Dermot Madden has a good reputation, but I haven't seen any comments on the lecturer in Tara St - anyone here able to give me any advice? - F6 is €750 at main campus as opposed to €500 in the smaller one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kelly22a

Any advice on good lectures in Limerick or Cork for P4, P5 or P6?

I passed P7 in June and don't have a clue what option to do next, basically, if there's a good lecturer i'll do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Folski

Bill Cullen says I can't PM you cos your inbox is full. So nice to be finished these exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Folski wrote: »
    Bill Cullen says I can't PM you cos your inbox is full. So nice to be finished these exams

pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5 accaq

Could anyone recommend a lecturer in Dublin for P6?
    I am thinking of Sandra Gleeson in Independent Colleges simply because i usually do my courses there. Is she any good?
    or does anyone have any other recommendations?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bonniedunne

accaq I would recommend Mel Kilkenny in City Colleges.
    Unfortunately i failed the June paper but i put it down to the question 1 which wasted a huge amount of my time.
    I had the knowledge but just couldn't apply it to the question.

Mel is a brilliant lecturer and so approachable at any time.
    I did the lectures online which suited me and then went into class for the Revision weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kelly22a

Unfortunately i failed the June paper but i put it down to the question 1 which wasted a huge amount of my time.

I did the lectures online which suited me and then went into class for the Revision weekend.

Ya I've heard great things about Mel but his revision weekend is the weekend before the exams! I'm a crammer and usually start studying as soon as the revision course is over so that doesn't leave me much time!!
    Have you heard anything about David O'Donovan for P4? He also does f9 in Griffith in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

tbh I wouldn't be capable of cramming for the acca taxation papers. That study style never really suited me, I'm envious of people who can do it though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

+1
    Mel is a great lecturer. I had him for f6. I'm based in Galway and when I sit p6 next June I will travel to Dublin for his lecturers. He makes it so interesting and straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ljhops

Hi All,
    I'm hoping to sit the P6 - Advanced Tax Irish Var exam in Dec... Would anyone have study texts, notes, Questions & Answers booklet etc for sale / or know where I could source them that would be applicable for the Dec 2014 exam? If so please pm me with details of books for sale along with asking price.

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

I would chance Mel Kilkenny, not sure if you have to sign up to his course, but I found his material excellent

Advertisement