Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Till system output

Options
  • 09-05-2014 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I have a shop till (POS) that has a wired connection to a thermal receipt printer. Normally I end a sale on the till and a receipt prints out automatically.

I want to find a way to connect an android tablet to the receipt printer cable and let a person decide whether they want a printed receipt or not. It's not an option to change the tills so the output from the till needs to stay the same. As I see it there are a couple of problems;

• The output of the till uses an Ethernet cable. If I was to use an Ethernet to USB converter would the data be affected?

• How do I get the android tablet to read the output that would have gone to the printer?

• How do I get the tablet to store that info on an database?

• How do I get the tablet to display the details on the receipt?

• Where would I find developer that could create an app that would give customers the option to print the receipt?

Thanks for reading folks, any guidance would be class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

I don't have an answer for you, but it may help to provide the Make/Model/Version etc of the POS System.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Why would you want to connect a tablet to the workstation to manage your printing?

I've worked on a few different POS systems and all of them had the feature to make printing a receipt optional. It might be worth looking into your POS settings.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've also worked as on outsider on quite a few till platforms. Which till company do you have?

Advertisement