Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Gmail spam

Options
  • 13-08-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭

I presume there's a section on boards for advising of fraudulent emails? Perhaps the mods could redirect.

Anyway, just received this from "G'mail Team" at account.update@info.net via perfora.net to one of my Gmail accounts.

"All accounts must be updated on our data base as we are suspending all dormant accounts. For your security, please keep your email address information up-to-date. Please update your account information here to avoid been suspended."

In retrospect, it does sound quite dubious, but given Gmail's recent tendency to change stuff, ask for updated information etc., I almost clicked the link, just to see what it was about, presuming they were going to force me to give them my phone number which they keep asking for, as I hadn't checked the email address it was sent from. It was just the "avoid been suspended" that caught me.

This probably doesn't warrant a thread, and not in AH at any rate, but I felt I should mention it to you lovely people, lest any of you might be as silly as I.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Just checked there, I've gotten nothing. My mam has had an account that she never used for the last five years, still up there. Would you mind doing a copypasta, just in case someone is gullible enough to be doubtful, you said yourself it was very convincing.

Advertisement