Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So lets get ready for steam sale, lads!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

MW games have always been expensive. No surprises there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭Nollog

Headshot wrote: »
    Still fair disappointed by the 30 euro for mw3

Face_Activision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Kind of sad there is no free games this event, Enjoyed the gamble and trading from the winter sale:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Nothing that interests me yet, waiting on a Fallout bundle, Civ bundle (or just a bigger reduction on Civ 5) and The Witcher 2

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

Think I'll go for Terraria, maybe the 4 pack if I can wrangle some people into buying in with me...
    Does anyone know if you can gift games which you already own that are in a company's pack deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Nazata wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can gift games which you already own that are in a pack deal?

don't think so as I haven't been able before

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Is there a Steam trading thread on boards or should I just post here?

Have a few keys lying around.

By the way Torchlight is 40% off (€8.99) - was hoping for a bigger reduction by might get it at that price. It's on offer for the duration of the sale.

I didn't realise I had a Steam account for 7 years :eek: :D

jayteecork wrote: »

start a new one as I started the one for last xmas and it was busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

By the way Torchlight is 40% off (€8.99) - was hoping for a bigger reduction by might get it at that price. It's on offer for the duration of the sale.

you'd be aswell to buy torchlight 2, you get torchlight free with it

• Advertisement

only saw this now, so tempted but at $40 hmmm

l4d2_healthkit_hoodie_back.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MadYaker wrote: »
    Heroes of might and magic, looks ghey tbh

edit: i meant homm 6

Heroes 6 is a great game. i am a long time heroes fan and the 6th one is a very solid game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

€71.42 spent and its only the first day! I will play them all though....

I wanted MW3 but at €30 its still not worth it.

you'd be aswell to buy torchlight 2, you get torchlight free with it

O rlly?

Thanks, didn't know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Neilos wrote: »
    HEY, don't you be ruining the buzz for us Paddies. It's Steam sale time, so lets all be happy as we dig ourselves in to further debt.

I'm in Ireland too.
    But if your mate can see it cheaper in UK, they can gift it to you ! ;)

Also, I think in work we go through a UK network and can buy games via the UK Steam there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭Nollog

Nazata wrote: »
    Think I'll go for Terraria, maybe the 4 pack if I can wrangle some people into buying in with me...
    Does anyone know if you can gift games which you already own that are in a company's pack deal?

Some allow you.
    If it says you can on the store page, then you can. If it says nothing then you can't.
    Skerries wrote: »

I didn't realise I had a Steam account for 7 years :eek: :D

7 years, what?
    I bought HL2 on steam and I've only got a 6 year badge. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Deus Ex flash deal....think Imma have to get that.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Some allow you.
    If it says you can on the store page, then you can. If it says nothing then you can't.

7 years, what?

:p:p:p:p nyah nyah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Where do you check badges?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Where do you check badges?

Right hand side of your profile page

7 years, what?

:P I've 7 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

MadYaker wrote: »
    €71.42 spent and its only the first day! I will play them all though....

I wanted MW3 but at €30 its still not worth it.

Have you played any of the free MW3 weekends they have had on Steam? Theres an awful lot of hackers. Definately not worth 30 or even 20.

Chavways wrote: »
    Have you played any of the free MW3 weekends they have had on Steam? Theres an awful lot of hackers. Definately not worth 30 or even 20.

Is the single player any use ? Suprisingly it's all I'd want the game for.
    I've played every COD single player to this point.. (they used to be amazing , CO2, COD4)

Another 6yr here. Started that faithful day with HL2 GOTYE edition. <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is the single player any use ? Suprisingly it's all I'd want the game for.
    I've played every COD single player to this point.. (they used to be amazing , CO2, COD4)

I cant say anything about the single player because I haven't tried it but the multiplayer is just downright annoying.Buy it if it gets cheaper so you can carry on your tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

I think I'm finished for today. I got Terraria, Might and Magic VI, and Might and Magic Clash of heroes off a Russian fella for $17. Then bought Grimrock and Eschalon: Book 1 off our own store :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Bought just DX:HR today. Tempted by Crusader Kings 2 for a tenner, but I don't think it's completely my think. I much prefer Europa Universalis 3. Also hoping Arkham City wins the vote!

50% is not enough for RR: Unbounded. And MW3... once a rip-off, always a rip-off.

Also, I'm apparently 5 years. Forget how I started...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tempted by HoMM6, but i think i'll leave it for now. Crusader Kings 2 also looks good (especially with the GoT mod) but i'm not sure about that either. Might wait and see if they turn up later in the week.

Oh, and Arkham City will definitely win the vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Kiith wrote: »
    Oh, and Arkham City will definitely win the vote.

I sure hope so! Maths has never been my strong point but does 66% off mean it'll be on sale for about €9.50?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Neilos wrote: »
    I sure hope so! Maths has never been my strong point but does 66% off mean it'll be on sale for about €9.50?

Yeah, should be about that. It's only €18 now, at 33% off. So around €9.99 sounds about right.

Sweet deal if true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Right hand side of your profile page

:P I've 7 years

7 Years for me too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

7 years, what?
    I can't believe that I've also got seven years. I've bought a dozen games (tops) on Steam and didn't even realise there were seasonal sales until last year. But I got HL2 on release... and the rest is history :cool:

Imagine that, buying a game on release instead of waiting for bargains? Seems like a lifetime ago. Although I was quick with CKII and was not disappointed. Really good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I don't think my laptop can handle arkham city, ,would almost get it for any future upgrade

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ys: Oath in Felghana and Ys Origins are cheap as well. Will definitely pick them up on the last day if they aren't part of the daily deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I'm all Steamed out. Hoping for a daily deal on ARMA II because I want to play Day Z but I have the vast majority of stuff on sale from previous sales.

Think I'm all Steamed out. Hoping for a daily deal on ARMA II because I want to play Day Z but I have the vast majority of stuff on sale from previous sales.

ARMA2 and OA are €18 bundled elsewhere(steam key though), unlikely to much better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, should be about that. It's only €18 now, at 33% off. So around €9.99 sounds about right.

Sweet deal if true.

Very sweet deal. I'll be picking up the DLC with it too. I have it on console but it's well worth a second purchase.

Anybody know much about the Indie Bundle? Can't say I've played any of them. At €9.99 it might be worth a shot, plus it will add 5 games to my library which is obviously the most important thing.

Hope the witcher 2 wins. Sure Batman is always on sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Should I get deus ex or fallout new vegas? I liked fo3 but heard FNV was very buggy and I've never played a deus ex game so I'm not sure. And should I bother with any of the dlc for either?

Thanks

Should I get deus ex or fallout new vegas? I liked fo3 but heard FNV was very buggy and I've never played a deus ex game so I'm not sure. And should I bother with any of the dlc for either?

Thanks

I'd say Deus Ex would be more fun than more of the same that is FoNV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Reekwind wrote: »
    I can't believe that I've also got seven years. I've bought a dozen games (tops) on Steam and didn't even realise there were seasonal sales until last year. But I got HL2 on release... and the rest is history :cool:

Imagine that, buying a game on release instead of waiting for bargains? Seems like a lifetime ago. Although I was quick with CKII and was not disappointed. Really good game

Good lord, 7 years here too,
    Unlocked: Nov 16, 2004 12:20pm

:/

Skerries wrote: »

Why the difference between Euro1 and Euro2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Hope the witcher 2 wins. Sure Batman is always on sale

Hoping for that too, probably the least likely out of the three though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,564 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nearly £100 gone. And my laptop can only even play some of them. They really shouldn't be allowed to do this.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hoping for "The Witcher 2" as I have "Arkham City". Do the losing two titles still go on sale, just at a later date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Different countries have different prices it seems, Ireland are Euro1 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Euro2 is based around Eastern and Southern Europe. Some games cost less there.

What kind of transfer speeds can ye get for a single download? Was set for UK -London and got peak 2.6MBps, Changed to Ireland, 2.3(and less stable). Line is capable of 3.7 odd.

Any way of proxying in to get cheaper prices???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

ED E wrote: »
    What kind of transfer speeds can ye get for a single download? Was set for UK -London and got peak 2.6MBps, Changed to Ireland, 2.3(and less stable). Line is capable of 3.7 odd.

Sometimes changing download server to Ukraine gets me full speeds, try that. They're all probably under heavy load today though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement