Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

JohnK wrote: »

S01 is now on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

S01 is now on Netflix

Not on Irish Netflix..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Fear the Walking Dead Renewed by AMC for Season 4.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Isn't Fear more boring than the main show? I watched the first season and thought it would never end. A real clock watching show. Didn't watch the second

It's a bit surprising as I don't think it has great viewership or general reaction - but AMC does have a hole in its schedule which it slots nicely into and it's not too expensive. They may just keep it around until they find something better!

Agents of Shield's ratings up 6%. I hope it's not cancelled as the current episodes are really good. Whens the decision on it due I wonder?

http://tvline.com/2017/04/19/agents-of-shield-ratings-season-4-episode-18/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Upfronts for the networks are in May with ABC being May 16th so expect to hear that day, if not before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Elementary is THE worst rated show on CBS. Its ratings are truly awful. Worse ratings than both Pure Genius and Doubt, which are both cancelled.

I hope it gets renewed, Miller is great as Sherlock, I think it is better than BBC's Sherlock

Can we expect another NCIS spin off on CBS :P
    Can't compare with BBC's Sherlock, absolutely magic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

I never liked it. It's like Monk but without everything that made Monk Great

Sherlock is Sherlock Holmes made by people who don't like Sherlock Holmes as a character and aren't familiar with any of the source material. It feels like a BBC crime show that was desperate for a hook so they forced the whole Sherlock Holmes element into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Until the last two seasons which has turned him into a complete parody of what he's suppose to be...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭iguot

Jaysus, everyone i know watching has dropped that, all involved should be embarrassed by what happened to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

iguot wrote: »
    Jaysus, everyone i know watching has dropped that, all involved should be embarrassed by what happened to it.

It did appear to disappear up its own rectum.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Agents of Shield's ratings up 6%. I hope it's not cancelled as the current episodes are really good. Whens the decision on it due I wonder?

http://tvline.com/2017/04/19/agents-of-shield-ratings-season-4-episode-18/
    I'm confident of renewal; less so of a full season renewal.

Up-fronts are important, but less so for AoS because network has already picked-up its tie-in/replacement, Inhumans.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Locke & Key gets pilot order from Hulu.

Locke & Key gets another chance at a series after Fox ordered then dropped it a few years ago.
    The horror/fantasy drama follows a family that, in the wake of the patriarch’s murder, moves from California to Massachusetts. There, the mother and her three kids move into an estate called Key House to be close to the deceased’s brother. Things then get very eerie as a set of unusual keys prove to unlock all sorts of unsettling discoveries around the manor, including a well where a mysterious girl is trapped.
    Scott Derrickson (Doctor Strange) will direct the pilot and is expected to helm additional episodes if the project is ordered to series. Cuse will serve as showrunner, with Hill and Derrickson also executive-producing.

http://tvline.com/2017/04/20/locke-and-key-pilot-order-hulu-carlton-cuse/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Sherlock is Sherlock Holmes made by people who don't like Sherlock Holmes as a character and aren't familiar with any of the source material.

In fairness, it may feel like that to you but that's not the case. Moffat & Gatiss are huge fans of the Conan Doyle books and that's the reason they made the series.

Whether they stayed true to the source material is another matter...

maudgonner wrote:
    In fairness, it may feel like that to you but that's not the case. Moffat & Gatiss are huge fans of the Conan Doyle books and that's the reason they made the series.

Whether they stayed true to the source material is another matter...

Elementary is a series infused with the world of Holmes, it may be slight but it is a show that knows how to pay homage without ever feeling forced.

Sherlock is a generic crime procedural with no respect for the source material. It may as well be called Stevens and Wall for how little it has to do with the books

Huê 1968

Michael Mann Returns To TV

Mann and producer Michael De Luca have picked up the rights to Bowden’s new book “Huê 1968,” which will be published next month, with the intention of turning into into an 8-10 hour event miniseries. The book tells the story of the Tet Offensive, the key event in the Vietnam War that saw a mass surprise attack on the capital of Vietnam in the title, with characters ranging from a young revolutionary schoolgirl to President Lyndon Johnson.

http://theplaylist.net/michael-mann-returns-tv-vietnam-war-miniseries-hue-1968-20170424/

• Advertisement

The Black Company

Eliza Dushku To Star In ‘The Black Company’ Series Adaptation In Works By IM Global & David Goyer
    IM Global Television is developing The Black Company, based on Glen Cook’s (Garrett P.I. series) fantasy books as a TV series, along with Eliza Dushku’s Boston Diva Productions and David Goyer’s Phantom Four, with Dushku set to star.

Boston Diva Prods. optioned the ten-book epic action fantasy series, as well as the forthcoming book, Port of Shadows, which falls between Book 1 and 2 in the series and will be published by Tor Books in 2018. Dushku (Bull, Dollhouse, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) will star in the pivotal role of the dark sorceress, The Lady.

The series follows the exploits of the Black Company, an elite mercenary unit that carries out the often nefarious deeds of the highest bidder across a Tolkeinesque landscape. When these hard-bitten men discover the prophecy that the embodiment of good has been reborn, they must re-examine their loyalties. The Lady (Dushku), who rules over the Northern Empire, uses the Black Company to further her domination of a power structure rife with usurpers. Additional casting will be announced in the coming weeks.

Goyer (Christopher Nolan’s Batman films, Starz’s Da Vinci’s Demons, ABC’s Flash Forward) will executive produce under his first-look deal with IM Global TV, along with Kevin Turen (Birth of a Nation, All Is Lost, Arbitrage). Also on board as executive producers through Boston Diva are Dushku, Nate Dushku, and Ami Lourie, along with Sam Maydew (John Leguizamo’s Ghetto Klown) of Silver Lining Entertainment.

“Glen Cook’s books turn the traditional fantasy adventure tropes on their ear with wry, dimensional characters and a modern sensibility,” said IM Global Television President Mark Stern. “We’re excited to explore this intricate and exciting world for television with David and Kevin along with Eliza, Nate, Ami and Sam.”

“The Black Company is vast in scope yet remains fundamentally relevant through the morally ambiguous choices it presents at every turn,” added Dushku. “We are excited to bring Glen Cook’s classic story to life with Mark and David, luminaries in the cinematic pursuit of science fiction and epic fantasy, who will inevitably assemble poignant characters embroiled in jaw-dropping action.”

IM Global Television is a joint venture between prolific independent studio IM Global, Chinese digital giant Tencent and Tang Media Partners.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/eliza-dushku-star-the-black-company-series-adaptation-david-goyer-im-global-1202076367/

Hit The Road

Jason Alexander Comedy Gets Straight-To-Series Order At Audience Network
    AT&T Audience Network has given a straight-to-series order for 10 half-hour episodes of original comedy series Hit The Road from Jason Alexander. The Seinfeld alum is set to star and executive produce with Primary Wave Entertainment, which is co-financing the series. Fabrik Entertainment (Bosch) will produce.
    Co-created by Alexander, Emmy-nominated comedy writer Peter Tilden and British screenwriter Dean Craig (Death At A Funeral, Moonwalkers) Hit The Road is about the greatest family band you’ve never heard of — yet! This chaotically dysfunctional family of would-be rock/pop stars traverse the country in a cramped tour bus sacrificing privacy, comfort and dignity while in search of fame and fortune. Struggling to navigate their lives and relationships while juggling what’s best for the family versus what’s best for the band, they invariably end up making very unfortunate decisions. Yet nothing will stop them from claiming their rightful place in pop history. Meet the family named Swallow and its patriarch Ken Swallow (Alexander).

Exec producers are Tilden, Craig and Christopher Long for Audience Network; Bart Peters, David Guillod and Mark Burg for Primary Wave; and Melissa Aouate and Henrik Bastin for Fabrik.

Alexander is best known for his portrayal of George Costanza on Seinfeld, a role which earned him seven Emmy nominations, four Golden Globe nominations and two SAG awards. His stage credits include a starring role in the original production of Sondheim’s Merrily We Roll Along as well as The Rink, Neil Simon’s Broadway Bound and Jerome Robbins’ Broadway, a musical revue that Alexander wrote and starred in, playing 14 different roles each night and for which he won a Drama Desk, Outer Critic Circle and Tony. He also starred with Martin Short in the Los Angeles production of Mel Brooks’ The Producers.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/jason-alexander-comedy-straight-to-series-order-audience-network-1202076209/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Into the Badlands which is currently being filmed in Ireland is to get an expanded 3rd season

http://deadline.com/2017/04/into-the-badlands-renewed-season-3-amc-1202077038/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bravo just renewed 18 shows.
    Joining the previously announced renewals of scripted series “Imposters” and “Odd Mom Out” as well as unscripted shows “Top Chef” and “Million Dollar Listing New York,” the network confirmed new season orders for: “The Real Housewives of Orange County;” “Shahs of Sunset;” “The Real Housewives of New Jersey;” “Flipping Out;” “Don’t Be Tardy;” “Married to Medicine;” “Below Deck;” “Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles;” “The Real Housewives of Atlanta;” “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills;” “The Real Housewives of Dallas;” “Inside the Actor’s Studio;” “Summer House;” and “Vanderpump Rules.”

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/real-housewives-vanderpump-rules-renewed-bravo-below-deck-1202401096/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

13 Reasons Why will be back for a 2nd Season

http://renewcanceltv.com/13-reasons-renewed-season-2-netflix/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Big mistake imo. It was really good as a standalone series. Obviously, now the second season is confirmed the cast and crew deserve some benefit of the doubt to see if they can make it work but I'd still maintain it should have just been a self contained arc about Hannah and anything by the same team should have been called different.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Unless they answer
    who shot Alex I
    don't see the point of a second season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr E wrote: »

Besides a couple of Youtube clips of Inside the Actors Studio I have never seen any of the other programs on that list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mr E wrote: »

I was looking at that list and thinking wasn't Bravo the channel for men? Unless the US version is diffeernt

Advertisement