Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Rhode island red pullets ?

Options
  • 16-02-2009 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

i live in dublin

where can i get these nearby

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Try the Buy & Sell. If they're for a backyard flock, get them from someone who also has a backyard flock; inspect them carefully for signs of leg mites (scales on their legs standing up) and any feather infestation, and general health, and only buy them if they're healthy. And make sure you get only one cock.

Incidentally, they'll gobble up your newts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

luckat wrote: »
    Try the Buy & Sell. If they're for a backyard flock, get them from someone who also has a backyard flock; inspect them carefully for signs of leg mites (scales on their legs standing up) and any feather infestation, and general health, and only buy them if they're healthy. And make sure you get only one cock.

I agree with everything there, except the last bit. If you only intend on getting a few pullets for eggs, and not for rearing chicks I wouldn't bother getting any cock - less hassle.

Advertisement