Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know anything about SENKE Motorbikes

Options
  • 05-10-2008 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been looking at buying a Senke SK150-2(B)

http://www.senkemotor.com/english/pi-sk150-2.htm

I'm trying to find out if this would be a reliable bike to buy.

I was also able to find out from a Chinese friend that this particular manufacturer is know to be better than average in China according to a chinese forum post.

Has anybody had any experience of Senke bikes? Or can anybody shed some more light.

I really like the look of the bike but want to be sure the quality of materials will live up to the Irish climate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

stick with the known (jap) brands if you're after reliability imo

I havent heard anything good about _any_ of the chinese brands Im afraid. You wont be able to give it away when you go to sell it then

Like the man said,stick to honda,suzuki,yamaha or kawasaki if you want reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

It's not a bad looking bike but to be fair it's nothing better looking than a Suzuki Marauder or Honda Rebel or even Yamaha Virago.

You can pick all of those bikes up secondhand and they'd be reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Looks pretty hip with the pokemon flag on the front

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

I saw a nice Keeway today parked beside my Innova. It was a 125 cruiser, brand new with 1700 miles on the clock and parts of the fairing, which as chrome, was beginning to rust...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Fabio wrote: »
    I saw a nice Keeway today parked beside my Innova. It was a 125 cruiser, brand new with 1700 miles on the clock and parts of the fairing, which as chrome, was beginning to rust...

common complaint with the chrome on them I hear - why I'd particularly avoid a chromed one. Looks alright initially, but the monkey-metal they've plated just rots away underneath, and the chrome just flakes off :(

used to see a keeway parked on dame street - who ever owned it kept the packing plastic on it for as long as possible (around the seat/stanchions etc), I presume to keep the weather off :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

what I don't understand is............does it not rain in China ?

Surely they've twigged they're making the bikes out of......well, whatever.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

I heard about the rust issue and the fact that it may claim to have a honda engine but in fact it doesn't take the exact parts.

I think I'm going to pass on this bike.
    The only good argument I heard for it was that the price you pay for a similar known brand you could buy 2 of these so you could have one as a spare :D

I'm going to focus on a good second hand bike.

Thanks again!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Clone wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

I heard about the rust issue and the fact that it may claim to have a honda engine but in fact it doesn't take the exact parts.
    Ive heard that 'honda engine' thing more times. Practically every seller of chinese generators/pocketbikes/lawnmowers makes that claim. And its bogus. It may be a copy with similarities to a honda engine, but its never been near an actual Honda factory.

Advertisement