Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MechWarrior: Living Legends

Options
  • 18-03-2008 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Came across this today:

A short video, of MechWarrior: Living Legends, which is a total conversion mod for Crytek's title "Crysis". Looks damn sweet.

=-=

Also, saw a few other nice mods at Mod of the Year that I'm going to look into, namely Forgotten Hope 2, and Project Reality. There's also mention of a few HL2 based games, including a single player level.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I think I just creamed my pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

... I love you and miss you very much... Madcat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the_syco wrote: »
    Came across this today:
    I almost did as well!:o

Nice to see something fruitful coming out of the incredibly disappointing Crysis

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Needs moar mechs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

tman wrote: »
    I almost did as well!:o

Nice to see something fruitful coming out of the incredibly disappointing Crysis
    My PC handles Crysis on medium to low. I'll need to upgrade it for the mod, as it looks f**king huge, maps-wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

we won't see this till at least 2009... if that. These community mods tend to usually just stagnate as theres no financial incentive to get them finished (how long have we been waiting for black mesa?)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

that looks fantastic, you're right. mods are always at best late. in this case it will probably give me a good 2 years or so to get a computer that can run it the way its meant to be run.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

too much tanks. not enough walking tanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We really need a proper sim type Battletech game on the 360/PS3, set, hopefully, in the Battletech universe, I want to pilot Aerotech craft, kickass with an AC 10, worry about my critical hits and heat points, why can't I do that?
    The two Xbox games kinda soured the pot a bit, a return to the game style of the series on the PC from the 90's is needed.
    I have Steel Batallion, but I can't play it on my 360 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Dammit...I miss my Steel Battalion :(

Mechwarrior was always class though - "Internal temperature is at 700 degrees....KELVIN!"
    Always made me laugh. Followed be evil laughter as I watched my missiles slam into the crumbling metallic bodies of my foes.

Die foes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Jazzy wrote: »
    too much tanks. not enough walking tanks
    Its very early days, I doubt they have any of them animated, I noticed the catapults never moved.

Looks awesome though, by the time its released I may have a PC that can run it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Battletech: The coolest animation show ever.

Those walking mechs are some of the most kick-ass machines ever devised, we need a modern game to realise their potential! Hopefully this will be it when finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

This will take awhile alright. Not that I'm complaining. Trying to get a mod done on todays engines takes an incredible amount of work. I'm still looking forward to Black Mesa even if it takes another year or two (I wouldn't say it's strictly stagnated - there's an incredibly larger amount of mapping involved in a singleplayer mod than there is in a multiplayer one).

I haven't played a MW game since 2. What one would you recommend I try? If I get Mech Warrior 4 will there be people online to play against?

This will take awhile alright. Not that I'm complaining. Trying to get a mod done on todays engines takes an incredible amount of work.
    Well, since they've been working on it since before Crysis came out, and also since they've been given more-or-less a blessing from Microsoft to make a game based on their product, I'd say that it won't be too long.
    I'm still looking forward to Black Mesa even if it takes another year or two (I wouldn't say it's strictly stagnated - there's an incredibly larger amount of mapping involved in a singleplayer mod than there is in a multiplayer one).
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/4384/black-mesa
    Looks like it's coming along nicely.

Nearly a year later, and a new video. Looks very polished.

Remembering this is a full conversion mod, free, the team have certainly done a good job at it. When it comes out, many people will have rigs that can play Crysis easily, and no doubt the team will have it optimized very well. Can't wait, tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If we ever actually get to play this and it plays as good as it looks then it should be awesome.

*crosses fingers*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

still not convinced by this.

i just want mechwarrior 5

Interesting video

Gives a entire new play on artillery, and how it'll be used. Also shows how the soldiers are handy, as opposed to everyone going around in mechs, tanks and planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Excellent video, should provide some excellent oppertunities for organised/clan play.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,717 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I came across this a year ago, it seems to really be taking shape now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

too many tanks? TOO MANY TANKS?

schreck and demolisher two of my ultimate favs

some of the later vids have some nice mechs in them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

BuuuuuuuuuuMMMMMMP!

Got cry thanks to the steam sale, so its time for some MW:LL. Anyone still play?

Advertisement