Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Banner Ad

Options
  • 01-09-2014 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

My laptop just screamed "Repair Windows Errors" at me.

I understand boards.ie needs banners and that's fine but audio is a huge no-no, usually reserved for spam links and pop-ups.

Please remove/disable whatever has enabled audio on the banners on boards.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It's for systweak.com

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Got the same one.

Had my speakers up really loud and jumped about 3 foot in the air when she shouted at me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Had me running a quick virus and adware check.

Would be more fun if it said "If you are hearing this at work your fired"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Nearly 12 hours later and they are still turning up?

Is this a new feature we are stuck with? Not even a relevant advert for the Smallholding forum and not related to any searches or browsing I've done today - except perhaps post here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

There's an entire thread at the top of this forum for reporting dodgy ads, so I didn't see this one, but I have reported it. It's not the sort of ad we want running here at all, despite all the restrictions you put on your account for allowing stuff from the various Ads networks, the advertisers frequently just ignore it it seems and/or deliberately mislabel their ads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement