Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiamma Awning

Options
  • 29-08-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Managed to "lose" my awning on a narrow bridge in France last week - what a muppet! Got a but of a shock at the time but now that the dust has settled I'm trying to figure out what to do. Thankfully there was no damage to the motorhome itself but the awning itself is a write-off. I ended up leaving it on the side of the road!

Does anyone know are they easy to get second hand or if you order a new one are they easy to attach? If was a Fiamma F45 awning.

Also should I go through my insurance? My policy has cover for accidental damage to awning with a sum insured of €2500. I'm wary of going that route though in case they hike up my premium too much. There aren't many insurers for camper vans out there...

Any help/advice would be appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

East coast campers might have a pre loved one. The are 500 to 1000 new very easy to fix with some help to hold inplace until you screw it into place seal it with a good grade mastic and you are laughing sorry you lost your old one it could have been worse if you had damaged the van

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I would make an insurance claim and have it fitted professionally. It shouldn't affect your premium. I made a similar claim and there was no difference on the next renewal with Dolmen.

Dolmen don't give a NCB, I find it ironic that certain cover under their policy doesn't effect your premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

They are easy fit assuming you have standard brackets , but you need to check that the wall didn't get strained where it was mounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭micko38

"I ended up leaving it on the side of the road!"

Hopefully the French litter Wardens didn't see this

• Advertisement
Advertisement