Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducato 2.8 engine, temp sensor switch location?

Options
  • 22-07-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Had the electric engine fans come on our 2000 Auto-Roller'5 yesterday afternoon. Thing was, it didn't go off. Kept running for about 90 minutes. Had went for a meal and still running.
    Pulled the wire off the fan motor, but expect the temp. sensor is faulty. Question is, where is it located?
    Thanks in advance,
    N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

LOL had the very same happen to me except it was parked at home and had not used it in a week. I have the fan unpluged at the moment as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

it'son the rad , down low usually. More likely to be the relay that controls the fan though , I've done a good few.

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    it'son the rad , down low usually. More likely to be the relay that controls the fan though , I've done a good few.

I think you are right as my fan comes on when parked for a few days everything is cold.

Where are the relays for this located in a 2000 Ducato?

Top of the radiator.

Where are the relays that control the fan usually?

• Advertisement

eh , see post no.5....

eh , see post no.5....

Are we talking about an electrical relay or a temp switch?

I can't see where a relay would be on top of the Rad sorry if I'm being stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

m8 wrote: »
    Are we talking about an electrical relay or a temp switch?

I can't see where a relay would be on top of the Rad sorry if I'm being stupid.

Follow the wires from the fans to black box then pat self on back :pac:

Advertisement