Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone send me past CAI cap 2 exam papers ?

• 03-08-2014 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi, I'll be starting in CAI on the cap 2 programme later this year

I was wondering if anyone could oblige me by sending me a few exam papers of each of the 4 cap 2 subjects along with the solutions if possible, as you can't gain access to previous exam papers without logging in

I know its a bit of an ask, I'd just like to try get an early handle this summer of what I'm up against in June next year, I've done research I know the exams are tough ! I'm very determined to pass the 4 in one go without having to repeat any

It'd be a great help to me

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hi, I'll be starting in CAI on the cap 2 programme later this year

I was wondering if anyone could oblige me by sending me a few exam papers of each of the 4 cap 2 subjects along with the solutions if possible, as you can't gain access to previous exam papers without logging in
    The very top one doesn't need you to be logged in, if it's of any use to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dreamland4321

the_syco wrote: »
    The very top one doesn't need you to be logged in, if it's of any use to ye.

Hi thanks I noticed that I'll be having a look through them, I'm also looking for 2013 & 2012

I also need advice on attending lectures if anyone could advise me on this it'd be a help

I secured a trainee contract in one of the big 4 in audit, I understand being out on client sites that you mightn't make the weekday lectures in CAI especially around busy season with working late & I think the company prefer students to attend lectures on the weekends

But I want to try avoid going to lectures on weekends if possible

Could I still work as a trainee in audit & comfortably attend lectures on weekdays, or if I missed a lecture during the week due to being out on an audit I could catch up with the lecture recordings online ? As opposed to attending lectures on weekends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Welcome to the Big 4. :)

Most likely you will go to lectures at the weekend, because of the fact you'll miss the midweek ones. you could catch up on the midweek ones, but you'll be expected to go to the weekend lectures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Shoves

Tbh it's just easier to go to the weekend lectures. All lectures are recorded so you can catch up online, but you miss some things si you're better to be there in person.
    I've come through CAP1&CAP2 so just sitting my FAEs this September and always went to the weekend classes. It's a pain missing out on things with family and friends (I have a 10 month old so have spent a lot of weekends in CA House when I'd rather be feeding the duckies with my husband and daughter).
    But it's a means to an end, and attending lectures means you don't have as much to catch up on come revision time.

Best wishes of luck with it all

Welcome to the Big 4. :)

Most likely you will go to lectures at the weekend, because of the fact you'll miss the midweek ones. you could catch up on the midweek ones, but you'll be expected to go to the weekend lectures.

Hi thanks I can't wait to get started :)

Im guessing the cap 2 weekday lectures are Monday to Thursday ? What if I made it to 1 or 2 of these a week, could I not just catch up online on the lectures I missed ? Or am I completely off the ball altogether here ?

I mean is there really much difference between catching up on missed lectures online compared to attending them ?

Oh & how long roughly do you have to wait for weekday lectures to be put online ? Would they be put online for students to watch by that weekend within the same week like ??

Sorry for all questions I feel like such a noob ha

• Advertisement

Shoves wrote: »
    Tbh it's just easier to go to the weekend lectures. All lectures are recorded so you can catch up online, but you miss some things si you're better to be there in person.
    I've come through CAP1&CAP2 so just sitting my FAEs this September and always went to the weekend classes. It's a pain missing out on things with family and friends (I have a 10 month old so have spent a lot of weekends in CA House when I'd rather be feeding the duckies with my husband and daughter).
    But it's a means to an end, and attending lectures means you don't have as much to catch up on come revision time.

Best wishes of luck with it all

Hi, what things will I miss out on catching up online compared to attending the lectures ? I thought that each lecture is recorded from start to finish no ?

I know & understand that there's no chance going to weekday lectures during busy season, I'll have to attend lectures at weekends during busy season, I get that.

Oh thanks & best of luck with your FAEs next month :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Hi, what things will I miss out on catching up online compared to attending the lectures ? I thought that each lecture is recorded from start to finish no ?

I know & understand that there's no chance going to weekday lectures during busy season, I'll have to attend lectures at weekends during busy season, I get that.

Oh thanks & best of luck with your FAEs next month :)

You will get to go to classes during mid week. You might not make them all but just because it's busy season doesn't mean you won't make them. You're a first year not a senior, most seniors are sound when it comes to cap 2 classes and understand how important they are. I can't speak for all big4 but that's the way it is in one of them.

Hi, what things will I miss out on catching up online compared to attending the lectures ? I thought that each lecture is recorded from start to finish no ?)
    I find it's more difficult to follow the lecture online and takes longer as you're pausing/ rewinding because you missed something. But obviously still doable. The are handy to go over if there's something that you're unsure of when revising.

And as Dellboy said you'll probably make more weekday lectures than you think.

You will get to go to classes during mid week. You might not make them all but just because it's busy season doesn't mean you won't make them. You're a first year not a senior, most seniors are sound when it comes to cap 2 classes and understand how important they are. I can't speak for all big4 but that's the way it is in one of them.

Aw cool thanks the info, yeah I've heard most seniors are fine once you communicate to them how important attending the classes are to you

I find it's more difficult to follow the lecture online and takes longer as you're pausing/ rewinding because you missed something. But obviously still doable. The are handy to go over if there's something that you're unsure of when revising.

And as Dellboy said you'll probably make more weekday lectures than you think.

Yeah hopefully I do I was a little bit worried that I'd probably have to attend the weekend classes thinking that I wouldn't make the weekday classes

Also would you or anyone else have a fair idea of when CAI lectures for the cap 2 programme would actually start ? Would it be around late September/early October ? And would you start in a big 4 firm on the same week as starting in CAI ?

• Advertisement

CAP2 weekend lectures started mid-Oct when I did them in 2012/2013 so assume the same. I'm in Industry so no idea when new recruits in practice start. Did you manage to get your hands on some exam papers? These should all be on Chartered Accountancy website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

CAP2 weekend lectures started mid-Oct when I did them in 2012/2013 so assume the same. I'm in Industry so no idea when new recruits in practice start. Did you manage to get your hands on some exam papers? These should all be on Chartered Accountancy website

Timetables: http://www.charteredcareers.ie/cap1-cap2-timetables-now-live/

Exam papers: http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/en/Student-Information/Exams/Papers-Solutions-Reports/

You're welcome. :)

Yes I see that from prettyblacks comment below, thank you for your input

I've also another question for anyone to answer, seeing as I'm in audit & the type of audits I'll be on will be out on client sites, how would I end up getting there to the client sites ? I mean what if the client site is in County Kildare or Co. Louth for example ?

I don't have a car

Do the big 4 practice firms provide transport to & from their premises to get to the client site ??
    Or do you have to make your own way to the client & then your own way back home each day ??
    Sorry if it sounds live a naive question to ask

You're welcome. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Yes I see that from prettyblacks comment below, thank you for your input

I've also another question for anyone to answer, seeing as I'm in audit & the type of audits I'll be on will be out on client sites, how would I end up getting there to the client sites ? I mean what if the client site is in County Kildare or Co. Louth for example ?

I don't have a car

Do the big 4 practice firms provide transport to & from their premises to get to the client site ??
    Or do you have to make your own way to the client & then your own way back home each day ??
    Sorry if it sounds live a naive question to ask

You'll get a lift off a senior if there's no public transport route. You won't make it to these lecturers if >1hr away from CAI building (class at 6.30). Classes are important but the job comes first, just watch online later.

shuyin1 wrote: »
    You'll get a lift off a senior if there's no public transport route. You won't make it to these lecturers if >1hr away from CAI building (class at 6.30). Classes are important but the job comes first, just watch online later.

Ah right I see that's cool and it makes sense thanks :)

Yeah I know & understand that I won't be able to make every lecture especially if the client is over an hour away from the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ChartAccount

Hi ppl,

Does anyone have the CGS audit notes and tax???

Please

Advertisement