Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big 4 Salary During Training Contract

Options
  • 21-08-2014 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello all,

Just wondering could someone give me some insight into the salary increase during a training contract.

Does the salary increases differ between audit and tax?

Someone mentioned to me that there is a Christmas bonus based on performance evaluation, is this actually the case?

Personally I will be based in Dublin come September having done a masters and will be going into a Big 4 tax department. I will be starting off on €22k and have a 3 year training contract.

One last Q: Does anyone know if you get paid the first month of a training contract or is it kept until the end of the contract?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

GusFring wrote: »
    Hello all,

Just wondering could someone give me some insight into the salary increase during a training contract.

Does the salary increases differ between audit and tax?

Someone mentioned to me that there is a Christmas bonus based on performance evaluation, is this actually the case?

Personally I will be based in Dublin come September having done a masters and will be going into a Big 4 tax department. I will be starting off on €22k and have a 3 year training contract.

One last Q: Does anyone know if you get paid the first month of a training contract or is it kept until the end of the contract?

Thanks!!
    Tax with masters start off 1k higher than audit.
    Audit increments are year 2 +2k, year 3 +5k, out of contract 45k. I'd imagine tax would be similar.
    No bonus!
    Paid monthly in arrears, start Oct>paid end of Oct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Tax with masters start off 1k higher than audit.
    Audit increments are year 2 +2k, year 3 +5k, out of contract 45k. I'd imagine tax would be similar.
    No bonus!
    Paid monthly in arrears, start Oct>paid end of Oct.

Would agree with all this ... only thing I'll add is that, in my firm, payrises for trainees differed slightly based on performance review. Also, in case OP isn't aware, you get bonuses for passing exams first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Does anyone have the pay increase for tax in any of the big 4?

Advertisement