Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

P6 classes

• 08-02-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Thrilled - 56% P7 - only one left - P6

I hear its not the beast it used to be!!!!!!
    Any recommendations for classes in Dublin?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

Well Julie Hawkins is in DBS so I reckon that's the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anna Limerick

I would highly recommend Mel Kilkenny for P6 (City Colleges Dublin)
    It's a tough subject but his way of explaining things makes it that bit easier.
    He gives homework questions which I found great as they helped to keep me focused from the beginning.
    He also gives out his mobile number in case you get stuck on anything.

Best of luck in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mmcs

Hi all,
    If you are interested in doing P6, Mel Kilkenny is the lecturer I would recommend, without hesitation. I don't even work in tax but I passed first time and this is attributable to his commitment and his way of breaking down a concept so everyone is up to pace. The classes are engaging and it is unusual, but such a rules based subject shouldn't be so entertaining. He has created mind maps to make it easier for the student to learn the rules and doing his homework means you will know where you are at, well in advance of revision time. I took his class in Limerick but I believe he's in Dublin and Cork too. One of the most dedicated lecturers I've ever come across and he wrote the book (literally!) I am so grateful to him for pushing me over the line to being an affiliate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Melanie C

Hi
    I would also highly recommend Mel Kilkenny for P6 classes in City Colleges, Dublin.
    I passed P6 first time in the December 13 sitting and I had an exemption from F6 so I was VERY rusty on the basics of tax. Mel has excellent tax material and it is laid out in a way you can understand very easily. His revision kit was brill, plenty of practice questions which is critical when studying a subject like tax, also had v good mindmaps which were so handy to reference while studying.
    Mel always replied very promptly if I had any queries.
    Again Mel has always stressed that P6 takes a LOT of hard work and lots of study hours right from the beginning and only for him motivating the class in that way I wouldn't have passed!
    Good luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Talk about stealth advertising lmao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 accaq

Could anyone recommend a lecturer in Dublin for P6?
    I am thinking of Sandra Gleeson in Independent Colleges simply because i usually do my courses there. Is she any good?
    Also, I have hear Julie Hawkins is good?
    or does anyone have any other recommendations?
    Thanks!

Advertisement