Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitten

Options
  • 13-02-2009 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was bitten a week ago by a four month old puppy who was too excited, he barely broke the skin, he was at a breeders and had all his injections. Do i need a shot or anything? I bought his brother by the way , a purebred yellow lab.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Have you grown a tail and fur yet?! :D:D:D

(sorry couldn't help myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

You're probably better off seeking a medical opinion to be honest.

Waiting a week to find out .... well... I'd have gone to the doc the day I was bitten if I was unsure at all.

My two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

If irt was a week ago? Any infection would have shown up by now.

Is your anti-tetanus status valid? Not sure of the incubation for that.

Hi, I was bitten a week ago by a four month old puppy who was too excited, he barely broke the skin, he was at a breeders and had all his injections. Do i need a shot or anything? I bought his brother by the way , a purebred yellow lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If it was me i wouldnt be worrying if it barely broke the skin! It was a week ago and infection wouldve set in by now! You'll be grand ;)

A top up tetanus if you havent had it in awhile is no harm though for future accidents etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

If it hasn't killed ya yet, I'd say you'l be ok.:D Can't be just throwing €50 at the doctor for a little bite! Not in this recession, anyway!:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 obaoill

hi no you do not need to go to the doc.as long as you have an up to date tetanus theres no problems.I work as a dog warden and get bitten occasionally.

Advertisement